Thursday, November 4, 2010

1000th post

According to my blog post counter. For those of you who have been along for this ride you'll have to remember that I had an old blog before I nearly outed myself/worried about a comment I made on my cousin's blog. Ooops.

So I decided to do a light, fun post. Here's some random facts about me...

1. I like to cross my toes in my shoes.
2. I am told my writing looks like a woman's.
3. I like rocking bright colored shirts from Express.
4. If I weren't a teacher I'd be a television meteorologist, traffic reporter, or entertainment reporter.
5. I'm my biggest critic when it comes to weight. I look down at myself and all I see is fat.
6. Some of the sites I must visit daily include:
- Facebook
- blogger.com
- Just Jared
- www.boxer-or-briefs.com
- Fast Food Maven
- GM Inside News
7. I love trying new foods. On my list of things to try include: banh mi, pho, y nopales.
8. I really want to try making more Mexican food. I tend to have the mindset, "why should I make my own when I live around some of the best Mexican food?" I did make some carne asada last year that was alright, but it could have used more tenderizer on it.
9. The most listened to songs in my iTunes include:
- The Greatest Man I Never Knew- Reba

- You Had Me From Hello- Bon Jovi

- S.O.S. - Jordin Sparks

- Little Wood Guitar- Sugarland

- Pas de Cheval- Panic! At the Disco

- Every Once in a While- Blackhawk
- Rompe - Daddy Yankee

These are songs I NEVER get tired of.
10. Some things on my bucket list include:
- Learn to play guitar
- Become good at line dancing
- Bungee jump - even if it is only at a fair
- Go to Spain, Barcelona especificamente
11. I often hispanicize words, even though I'm pretty guero (white boy). I say things like I want to go to Arisona y I'd like un Esprite to drink. My hispanicizing is done without thinking and realizing it.
12. I was in an elevator the other day with a Mexican guy. He spoke English on the phone until I got in the elevator, then changed to Espanol. I still understood him.
13. "Quieres monkear?" sounds really dirty when you say it to your English speaking friends. It means do you want to hang out?
14. I have the hardest time of matching clothes. I swear, some days nothing matches with blue jeans.
15. The most doable actors right now include:
- George Clooney
- Nick Lachey- did you know he's engaged to Vanessa Milano?
- James Denton
- Tay Lautner
- Ben Affleck
- Matt Damon
- Jesse Metcalfe
16. I can never understand what they're saying in this song. I know they are encouraging me to do the "Walk of Life," pero I don't know much more. They want me to do a song about loving a woman, and doing a song about something else, something about violence, and then doing the walk of life. Sounds complicated.

9 comments:

SCalRF said...

Congrats on the milestone! And hurray for playing the guitar and going to Barcelona, I definitely recommend those :-)

When I read "Quieres monkear?" the first thing I thought was, "Do you want to monkey around?"

fan of casey said...

Mike: Woo-hoo! 1,000 posts. That's a lot of writing. You've shared some truly random things - from everyday stories that capture your interesting life to wild adventures. Along the way we've seen you grow, thru trials, tribulations and triumphs. You let us see into your life, and that familiarity makes us care about you. I'm looking forward to the next 1,000 posts.

Anonymous said...

1000 posts?! Wow, I've only almost done 500, and I've been blogging since 2006. Well, to be fair to myself, I deleted a lot of the older posts.

Bruce said...

Congrats and thanks for sharing!!

Anonymous said...

these days I am listening to two songs that refer to the beauty and the heat of california
katty perry , teenage dream and james blunt stay the night
it helps when it's raining and so cold outside.
Nabil

fan of casey said...

Mike: Take a listen to this.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=gM7Hlg75Mlo

Mike said...

B: Thanks! Monkear technically means to monkey around, but it is slang when used in that context and means "do you want to hang out?"

fan of casey: Thanks for your kind words. And I'm liking Neon Trees and wanting to hear more of them.

James: Catch up, buddy

Bruce: Thank you, and thanks for reading!

Nabil: I haven't heard of any new James Blunt in a while. I'm definitely going to check it out. He's pretty easy listening, and I like that.

Aek said...

5. What?! But you're so thin!! -_-

7. Mmm, food. :-D

11. Lol, you and your Spanglish. :-P

Anonymous said...

Look how far you've come in 1000 posts! Your blog is a success...glad I found it.