Monday, November 15, 2010

The shirts I bought

Here's the shirts I bought that reader fan of casey asked me about. I ordered them online from Calvin Klein and Buckle. All of them were half off. Only 1 of them is really out of the ordinary as to what I'd wear, but the main reason I bought them is that they were very reasonable ($20 or less for all CK shirts), and the Buckle shirts were more expensive, but I like them. They're all shirts I can wear to work, which is what I wanted more of. Some polos and buttondowns.

What do you guys think of the blue Buckle shirt? I like the design and style, my only issue is that the shirt is not sewn on the edges, so it is ragged at the bottom and along the collar. For a $50 shirt it seems tacky to me. I am thinking of returning it and buying one that is less ragged.

Sorry for the bag shots- I didn't want to take them out and get them dirty. They're for Christmas... technically I'm not supposed to see them yet... lol



Blue jeans, light blue buttondown, purple/pink buttondown, teal zip polo, and purple pullover pictured above

3 comments:

fan of casey said...

Mike: You got christmas presents already? Sweet! The CK shirts look fine for work, the teal one really stands out.

The Buckle shirts are too fancy for school -- they look like dressy, clubbing clothes. You got them at a really good price. They look nice, can't really see the raw edges unless you get up close but that's supposed to be part of the design. They might fray during washing though, that'd be my only concern. I especially like the buttoned sleeve plackets. I prefer them to the open ones.

Anonymous said...

Just remember for work, everyone that has power over your future is older than you. So, dress as if you are a little older to be taken more seriously. In other words, don't wear graphic button ups to work they are only marginally better than graphic tees. You know the old saying, "Dress for the job you want, not the job you have."

Mike said...

fan of casey: They're going under the tree, but my parents start shopping early. I don't get to wear them until after the holidays.

I actually would wear all but the blue buckle shirt to work. I actually have to dress up at work.

Anonymous: Thanks for the advice! I try to live like that, especially right now as I'm trying to make a good impression and I am trying to differentiate myself from a high schooler.