Thursday, November 11, 2010

All schooldays should be like this

So glad to have the day off!

What did I do? I made the most out of it. Let's run down...

I had the best sausage and cheese biscuit for breakfast. My dad made those, and they pretty much rocked my world for the moment.

Did some tarea, that would be homework for you non-Spanish majors. I read the book. I shouldn't have read the book because I discovered class is for discussing the reading and I can always wing it. I am good at that.

I met my partner, Josh, for dinner. I gave him all of my textbooks for the class he is taking now, and for the past quarter. I told him I wouldn't charge him for the books, though he was insistent to pay me. I said let's just hang out and do dinner or something, and I'm cool, so he fed me. We went to Chevys Mexican. I had the flautas and enchilada platter. I was underwhelmed. The food was pretty good- it has improved- but it wasn't filling. Don't get me wrong- it was really tasty- just not filling. We talk about school, work, and family. I enjoyed it.

Went to school and behaved for a change. I have a professor whom you don't want to cross. I just found out I have her for the next 2 quarters for various classes so I need to behave. I am doing everything to the best of my abilities and actually trying.

Afterwards I got a text from Keith who was a little slow in responding to texting. He had been asking me for the longest time if I went to Palm Springs Pride. I didn't. I make some flirtatious comments unintentionally. I realize it is only 8:15 on a Thursday night and though I really don't want to go out, I don't have school in the morning, so I might as well take advantage of the situation. I text him and ask if he wants to meet for drinks after his bowling league. He does. We go to Yardhouse. I have 2 beers that weren't all that great. I was trying beers I never had before. I tried the Alaskan Ranger and the New Ranger IPB. I should have stuck with the Fat Tire. It is good, but I always drink it, so I was trying different ones. The Ranger was fruity. No bueno. We chat about lots. We chat about Jack Off Buddy's Boyfriend, school, the gay community, guys in the community, Palm Springs Pride, how I need to go out to Palm Springs more, how Palm Springs resorts are so nice, politics in the city, I bring up the topic of Carl since psychos came out- I still didn't feel comfortable bringing up restraining order psycho Mike, and work. Keith amused me. He tries too hard at times to joke and flirt with the waitresses. It was amusing. Afterwards we stand outside talking and it seemed like every guy was looking at us as we're 2 guys just standing close together talking with each other.

And now I'm home with 2 beers in me and feeling loud and on my way to being tipsy. I was putting the sheets I washed on the bed singing Me and Bobby McGee as well as Sorry by Buckcherry (an awesomely bad song) and talked to my parents about how my dad should join me in my masters classes and complete his masters as well. Great day overall. Woo!



1 comment:

fan of casey said...

Mike: You packed a lot into one day, that's making good use of your time off.