Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Political Party

Keith invited me to accompany with him to the Democratic party for the candidates in my district. It was the who's who among the Democratic party in my area. I was surprised how many people I could identify. Many of the people there were professors from my college where I got my BA. I saw my sexuality professor, a few political science professors, a history professor, and several others that I just know by face. It was a lot of standing around talking, mingling with various groups. I mainly hung around Keith as he met various people. Keith has political aspirations and so he is going to these things to shop around/meet people. I met several people who it was cool to meet just to get my name out there. I met several gay guys whom I had seen online at various gay oriented websites. All of the Democratic candidates are losing as of 11:58p.m. The main guy the party was for, the one competing for the House seat is losing by nearly 20,000 votes. No surprise. The guy was very friendly and energizing, though. I shook his hand and he asked me what I did and thanked me for my service. It was a cool experience just to meet the important faces in politics.

And as I was just about to shut off the TV at 12:03a.m. I discovered some footage ABC 7 shot at the party I attended. My face appeared on the footage 3 times. Once I'm talking to someone- probably Keith- but his face is hidden. Then my back is turned another time to the camera. Then the final time I am walking through the hallway alone- probably when I was coming back from the restroom. Yay. I wish I'd have known. Maybe I should have flipped KCBS and KNBC on to see if they were at the party.

3 comments:

fan of casey said...

Mike: After disappointing national results, the only consolation I have is that the democrat won the governor's race in Hawaii, which means the chances of civil unions passing next year is good. I don't know what you were expecting from your local races but it sounds like you had a new experience attending a political party and you were on TV, which is kind of exciting.

Anonymous said...

abuse fioricetcarisoprodol fioricet
The energy was the many pervasive marketing of due interest founder acts since the sudanese cbd storage.

Aek said...

Sounds like a cool event. :-) I've discovered that networking is very very important.