Saturday, November 13, 2010

What I'm reading online

Here's some stuff that has caught my attention over the past couple days I ran across.

China likes their wine - I'm surprised.

Now these chocolate milk recipes sound delicious. It'll surely warm you up with the vodka in it or tequila in it. These have been added to my to try list.

Discovered this while looking at Daughtry cover songs


Debunking the top/bottom issue. Interesting read, especially after recent discussions over sexuality and how people identify sexually with reader Fan of Casey.

I am on the Lindsay watch.

This airport eats guide was amusing. I had my first Sonic at the OKC airport. I have never been to Bravo in the PHX airport. I usually do the Wendys or that Mexican place in the Southwest terminal. I had some underwhelming Wolfgang Puck at Seattle's airport. And had I known about 5 Guys at the DC airport a few years ago I would have tried them. Since they are now in California I need to make a trip down to the OC to try 5 Guys. When I was down there a few weeks back I ate at a Chick-Fil-A just off the 55 and didn't realize the 5 Guys I kept seeing the OC Register's Fast Food Maven talk about was just off of the 55 at Katella. Boo. Fail.

This was a good read about Brad Paisley being everything that is wrong with country music.

5 comments:

Aek said...

Some interesting reads! But alas, I have an exam tomorrow so reading them will have to wait. :-/

fan of casey said...

Mike: The science article on sexuality was interesting, I found it funny having casual terms we use all the time being explained in science talk. Not surprising though was the conclusion that guys who have sex with guys but don't self identify as "gay" exhibit self-loathing. Our own discussion centered on cultural differences, which this story doesn't seem to address directly.

More interesting on your reading list is the airport eating places. I'm dying to try Sonic or 5 Guys - which we don't have where I live. Please do a review next time you go.

Mind Of Mine said...

Wow - I love that version of Fast Car!!

I am a huge fan of that song, in all of its variations. You should check out Mutya Buena's verson. Actually just check her out in general.

Mike said...

Aek: Perhaps during a study break you can read these... ;)

Fan of casey: I know it was a little indirect, but the part that I was thinking about was where it was talking about people who don't identify as gay, or top/bottom.

I want to visit 5 Guys soon. Sonic's beverages are the best, especially during happy hour. I like a Dr. Pepper with cherry anytime.

Mind of Mine: Mutya Buena's version is REALLY good!!! I've never heard of her!

Mind Of Mine said...

She is a former member of the Sugababes, the UK pop group. Her Album real girl is brilliant.