Friday, July 1, 2011

Job offer

I was just offered a job waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay up in Nor Cal that I didn't even apply for. The principal sought me out through the teacher job site database. He will let me teach English, an elective, drama, or journalism. The phone interview was a success. The principal at the school was so accommodating at wants to meet me on Tuesday. OMG. The pay is a little lower than I would make here in SoCal and housing costs would be higher in this area it seems. Take it or not? It is near enough to a local airport and so my bf will even relocate with me he said. I have so many mixed feelings now.

4 comments:

fan of casey said...

Mike: Damn! This is a bittersweet development. I'm glad you got a job offer, but it's so far away from home. On the plus side, it's an opportunity to be on your own, burnish your resume with full time work experience, and it certainly would be an adventure and you love to travel and explore new places.

On the down side, moving away means you are going to incur a lot more expenses, it's going to eat into whatever you can save, it means leaving a lot of your friends and support network behind.

The deciding factor is with your BF relocating (how awesome is that!) with you, the most important person will be with you, you'll be able to share expenses, and you'll have fun. So I say go for it.

If some other offer locally comes thru while you are in the process of moving, you can always back out of this one.

Anonymous said...

If the choice is between full time and part time, I say take the full time thing. Moving away from friends and family won't be nice, but may be a good career move... We're young - now is the right time to inconvenience ourselves a bit IMO.

Aek said...

Why not go out there and check the place out to see if it's a good "fit" for you? It may sound great and the principal may seem great, but there's only one way to know.

Anonymous said...

/