Friday, December 28, 2007

Spanish lessons

The Guy called me at 8:50 this morning as he was driving to work to talk. We asked what each other was up and he asked if I could walk his dog for him today and go swimsuit shopping with him. He got off work at 1, would be home at 2, and had to work out with his personal trainer from 3-4p.m. in the pool at the gym.

I got a call at 1:20 and he said he was leaving work and to meet him at 2. I get a call as I'm driving over and he said he'd meet me at Sports Authority the exit before his house. I said sounded good.

Got there and he had already picked out indoor swimming goggles and was looking for Nike shorts that he wears around the house. They only had 1 pair. We get those, then check out.

I get a call from The Guy as we're leaving the parking lot saying he forgot to get an ankle brace. We turn onto the busy street, then take another exit back into the parking lot. The Guy is on the phone with me at this time telling me how he hates people like the person in the Mercury Mountaineer in front of him who was just sloww. Then he hated the people in the 2 raised trucks that just looked so ugly. He goes on one of his hysterical rants again about how he hates people and all the people he hates, how he is surprised people just don't start dying, and how he likes me.

We went back into Sports Authority and got the braces. As we're walking out The Guy tells me I'm really quiet today. I mean sure, I didn't ask him how he was doing, stuff like that, the usual greetings. So we're in our respective cars driving back to his place and I get a text message from him:

The Guy: OMG I hate people! You're so quiet right now too
Me: Shhh
The Guy: What? I can't hear you
He calls me and tells me to speak louder.
Me: Yells loudly HI
The Guy: No good sorry
Me: I'm a rockstar in my own car, singing at the top of my lungs
The Guy: Sounds like the whisper of a butterfly's wings
The Guy: inside a glass jar under my pillow
Me: LALALA

Now the only reason I was texting him while driving was we hit every red light and they were long read lights at that, giving me plenty of time to safely text. As we get out of our cars in his carport I make sure I am singing just to prove to him I'm not being quiet. They were playing "How Far is Heaven" by Los Lonely Boys on the radio, so I get out of the car singing "How Far is Heaven... I've just got to know how far it is... etc"

We get back to his place and he puts on his speedo to wear to the gym, which looked REALLY hot on him. He is a swimmer and used to play polo- he coached swimming for 11 years. He gets out his new toys from Sports Authority and we stand around talking. He shaves because he wants to look hot for his personal trainer. HAHA.

I walk his dog for about 40 minutes around his condo complex. His dog annoyed me. He behaved on the walk and so that was great. The Guy gave me 2 of the doggy mess bags for his dog when he used the bathroom and 2 was not enough. His dog went 4 different times. I had to go back to the house to get more to pick up after the dog. Yay for me- I live in the county and my doggies don't need to be walked and I don't have to pick up after them.

The Guy gets back at 4:30 and we're both starved. We decide to go for Mexican food. I had enchiladas, which were really good. It was funny when we were ordering The Guy ordered his food and the woman helping us had a thick Spanish accent. I said I'd like the enchilada plate. She asked cheese, chicken, or steak enchiladas. I said "queso" and she said queso to ask and make sure. I said si. It was the funniest thing. It hit me after I ordered that I ordered in Spanish for my food and didn't even notice it. The Guy got a kick out of it. I don't know how I slipped into that when the woman was speaking in English, but I guess it was the accent or something and I just started talking. That's what I get for studying Spanish and going for a minor in Spanish.

We went into CVS while our food was being made for drinks and snackiepoohs (The Guy's word). We got a keypad battery for his car alarm. While looking at the microwave popcorn The Guy says "mantaquilluh extra," what flavor is that? I laugh so hard and say something along the line of that is a good flavor. He asks what it is. I say "it is butter in Spanish." He says oh, I didn't know that. Being the Spanish minor that I am, I had to step in and say that I was I was very disappointed in his poor pronunciation of the word and I proceeded to sound it out for him "mante-key-yuh." Then I explained to him that there is a double "l," which makes sort of a "y" sound. I used the example of the last name Carrillo and explained that had the same thing going on with the double "l's" and so it made a "y" sound. He laughs at my attempts to help him out in Spanish.

We go back to his place, eat, watch "Law and Order," and play around on our computers browsing myspace etc. I sign on AIM to try to engage in the blogger chat, but The Guy noticed my attention wasn't on him and he was a little jealous. During all of this we're snacking on Sour Cream and Onion flavored Pringles, beef jerky, and Vitamin Water. We ate 2 big bags of beef jerky and 1 can of Pringles. The Guy told me to take the other can of Pringles he bought and put it in my car, take them home, and enjoy them.

We were about to go out to Best Buy for "Law and Order" on DVD, but they only had season 15, and 1-5. He wanted 5 and newer. He also wanted them in high definition, which they didn't have, so we didn't.

About 9p.m. The Guy asks me how I'm feeling. He said he had heartburn and I said my stomach was feeling ehhhh. He asked what we should get to fix that. I said Tums or Pepcid AC. He asked if I would go to CVS to get Pepcid AC, Tums, Alka Seltzer, and Vitamin water... all of that for a little heartburn. I said sure, because I was also feeling icky. I guess after sitting up in the car, as opposed to laying down on the couch I feel heartburn start to set in. I go in and grab Tums, Alka Seltzer, and Vitamin Water. I get back to The Guy's place and we take our Tums and Alka Seltzer.

We go into the office and he buys "Family Guy Season 5 and 6" on Itunes and we watch videos on the new possible iPhone updates and new Windows smart phones. He says he wasn't impressed with the Windows phones, but liked the new iPhone updates. He showed me cool stuff on his iPhone like a favorites list for the people in your address book you call most often. I'm on the list along with his brother, mom, best friend Zach, Aaron, and Louis. I'm at the bottom, but that's a good thing he says because he calls me the most and I'm the easiest to get a hold of. We were both sitting in the room and seeing who could burp louder and stuff like that. See, we're real guys. I left his place at 10p.m.

2 comments:

Matt in Argyle said...

man that is a lot of food! no wonder you guys had heart burn, haha.

Aek said...

Haha, I've accidentally ordered in like half-Spanish before . . . at Wendy's. It's so random.

Your day sounded busy yet fun. I kinda miss taking Spanish.