Monday, December 10, 2007

Words hurt

Even though you might loathe someone and try to ignore everything they say, it is hard. Words hurt. Being told you're a lazy ass, have your head so far up your ass that you can't see the lights of day, how rude I am, how hurtful I am, and all of the things I don't do hurts. In reality, that is far from the truth. She is 600 miles away. She doesn't know half of the story. She may visit once a year. It really hurts because she is family. She doesn't know what I do daily for myself and everyone else. I should be able to say it is just an e-mail and click delete, but I can't. I do have to read the e-mails because my aunt only talks to me in the family, and I just know to brace myself and try to ignore all of the putdowns and thing of all the good things that I do for not only myself, but have done for my grandma, and everyone else.

The only good that comes out of this I guess is that it causes me to become more overly cautious at what I say to people. I try to be more sympathetic and not offend.

1 comment:

Bruce said...

Maybe the real question should be why are you still talking to this woman? Since no one else in the family talks to her, it sounds like she is the problem. Sometimes you have to sensor people by not communicating with them even if they are family. Just my thoughts, but don't let her bring you down. It sounds like she deserves whatever she gets in the end.