Monday, December 24, 2007

Merry Christmas/Christmas traditions

I wanted to take a moment to wish everyone a Merry Christmas!

I also wanted to post about a couple of Christmas traditions in my family:

- We always make grandma's molasses oatmeal cookies on Christmas Eve

- When I was little, we would open up presents on Christmas Eve from the family and then the presents from Santa would come (without any wrapping) and would be laid over the couch. Now, we just open up presents on Christmas Eve and if there is a big gift from Santa, then we get it on Christmas Day.

- We always spend Christmas Eve baking cookies and have a cookie exchange with 3 families in the neighborhood.


I was talking with The Guy and his family really doesn't shop for each other for Christmas. Him and his brothers exchange gifts. His parents buy everyone underwear, socks, etc. and then his parents hide money for him and his brother to find. They usually end up with about $1,000 a piece. I thought that was interesting, so I had to share.

3 comments:

Bruce said...

Merry Christmas to you Mike, hope you get the computer!!

Anonymous said...

Hopefully there is a computer laying on the couch this morning!

Merry Christmas, enjoy your blog and thanks for taking the time to entertain me :)

Anonymous said...

I hope Christmas was a great day for you!