Thursday, January 22, 2009

3 things that annoy me


Our trash man- he likes to turn the trash cans upside down- the heavy 300 pound trash cans that they distributed. Um... can you say a little dangerous when trying to turn it back over? Thankfully he hasn't done that to us, or we'd complain... but here's a look at the next door neighbor's. Others in the neighborhood routinely have the driver do this. He shouldn't even be getting out of the truck when he has that little arm to help him with the cans.


Blind driveways. Coming out of this shopping center in my area bothers me because the plants are so tall, you can't see cars coming toward you, so you always risk being hit. Cars come flying at 65+ at you.


Kaj Goldberg on KCAL 9 and closed captioning on TVs; bad closed captioning at that. My dad loves the idea of closed captioning and keeps it on the main TV all the time.

And to balance the negative out with the positive... my dad gave the OK for Seattle. My mom asked to come along and I said why not because it means I won't have to pay for the hotel and most other dining things myself. My research today tells me that the public transit is pretty good, so I should be able to get around and away pretty easily. They have a Seattle card where she can go to lots of museums for free, and so that gives me hope that I could sneak away rather easily... Capitol Hill maybe? Thanks for the info Bruce, Capitol Hill sounds like an interesting place I will try to slip away to.
Tickets purchased!
And being Seattle I will get to wear all of my awesome winter clothes I never get to wear in So Cal. Can you say scarves and jackets? I can.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL yes, random thoughts indeed. :)

Creative Thinker said...

I'm glad you are getting to go!!!!