Friday, January 16, 2009

Put everything behind us

Told you in the last post The Guy and I were talking. We are back to being friends. I was really worried for a few weeks because I know how to tick him off and hurt him better than just about anyone else. I was being truthful in what I said, but this was one of those things you have to pick and choose your battles. I decided I needed him as a friend and did not want to lose that. That meant burying the hatchet.

We didn't chat at all on Thursday, but I called him about 12:20 today and suggested we hang out sometime between now and Monday. He calls me at 1:15 as he is leaving work. He says he has a few hours and wants to know if I want to hang out. I said sure. He asked how my day was going, what I've been up to, and thus it was like our old long calls on his way home from work. We chatted about Josh- he jacked Josh off the other night. He told me about his friend Bear and how he doesn't approve of his relationship with his boyfriend because there is no sex and Bear cheats nonstop. I got disconnected a couple times, so The Guy decided we'd hang up and we'd chat when I get to his house.

I get to his house right at 2p.m. I walk up to the door and it is locked. I knock and didn't realize he was right there to open the door. He asks how I was doing. I commented on his new fridge. His old fridge just died about December 29. Yes, I hadn't seen him since December 23. I also noticed his dining area had been redone. He took out the big wooden table that looked like an oak tree. The dog kennel was in the living room, and all of his shoes and stuff that was on the table were in the dining room. He has 6 foot tall mirrors in the dining room he bought the other day at IKEA. Josh was apparently upset he didn't get to go with The Guy. The Guy checks the mail in the meantime and realizes he has bills to pay.

We go into the office because he is $700 behind on an Edison bill, was trying to close his old bank account, and things like that. He also needed to call Protection One because his alarm wasn't working. He took care of that and I brought in my computer for The Guy to fix. The case warped in an area when I dropped it, and I blogged about that in my previous post. He used some pliers, a towel, and was able to pound the dent out. It looks almost unnoticeable now. I was worried because I didn't think my CD drive was ok, but he tried it out and it was. WOOT!!!

The Guy talks about how he wants to make a flier to help Josh's personal training since he no longer wants to be a firefighter. He sets out and we spend the next hour and a half designing the flier. The Guy used Josh's photo, a couple other photos, and that was cool. I got to see how Photoshop was used more, as well as a couple other Adobe programs. I had been wanting to learn and The Guy is good at this stuff. He sends it to Josh via e-mail, Josh loves it, then he calls Jeff to get a price quote on the fliers.

The Guy showed me his closet. He bought 3-4 new shirts from Buckle, returned the 2 I bought him at Christmas and showed me what he bought instead. He joked about the gift card thing last year when I bought him a Chipotlé giftcard and he had just went on a tirade about how he hated gift cards. He told me from here on out a Buckle gift card would be great.

We went in the living room and he told me how Josh and him are making real headway. The Guy and Josh have spent several nights together, sleeping, then they jacked off together the other night. Josh talked about how his girlfriend isn't everything and how he is constantly disappointed. He told me about how he was holding up. I told him about everything going on in my life. It was like old times. The hatchet was behind us.

The Guy had a dinner (date)- he refused to call it that, but a date with someone at 6p.m., so he showered while I watched "South Park." When he got out we hugged and said goodbye. I left at 5:55 and got home at 6:45. On the way home on the 10 freeway I was driving next to CBS 2's Melissa McCarty in an unmarked CBS news van who came out to the city I live to do a story. It took a while to register which reporter it was.

I'm glad at least he's back as a friend.

3 comments:

Aek said...

I'm glad the two of you are speaking to each other and continue to be friends. :) If it had ended, that would've been the end to a long and really close friendship.

Anonymous said...

Good stuff, feels good I bet. I regret having lost friendships over little tiny feuds lol...seriously, I do but damn, they were wrong and I was right!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Burying the hatchet is always a great thing to do. Glad to "hear." :)
-L