Thursday, January 29, 2009

A typical dinner out with the family

Went to Cocos after allergy shots for dinner with the family. Here's what went down...

Sister ordered chicken strips. Platter came with half dozen chicken strips, fries, and a side salad
Sister ate a chicken strip and a half, maybe a few fries
Everyone else had their plate clear
Mom: Sis, are you still hungry?
Sis: No.
Mom: You hardly ate.
Sis: YOU ALWAYS TELL ME THIS. I ate.
Everyone looks over at sister's plate
Waitress comes over: Was everything ok? You hardly ate. Would you like fruit instead of a salad? Were the chicken strips overdone? You didn't even eat the fries. Would you like to take those home and have them for lunch tomorrow?
Sis: No
Mom: Yes, we would.
Sis: You always do that. I eat. You guys just don't understand. I eat.
Stares from everyone.
Sis: I am perfectly content with a peanut butter and jelly. I don't understand this class stuff.
Stare from me... class stuff?
Dad: Well, are we ready?
Mom: (sigh) I guess.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your sister just seems...lovely.

At first (when she sent texts to your friends from your phone) I thought she was like ten years old but from my understanding she's actually an "adult"!!

Hope this doesn't offend you...she's your sister after all.

n/a said...

Class stuff? Really? (lol)

Bruce said...

Class stuff to her is chicken strips at Cocos?? Hmmm...I really don't know what to think. Maybe she needs to get out of the Inland Empire more often. I'm just saying...

Mike said...

She's 19 going on 2... what can I say?

Mike said...

Bruce: One of the reasons we will go there is that she at least eats.... something....

Class? Cocos doesn't come to my mind in that one. It is a step above McDonalds and fast food?

Aek said...

I can honestly say that I just cannot understand your sister.

Anonymous said...

Didn't you say once that your sister is overweight? She must eat when no one is looking?

Not to be rude, but sounds like mood disorders run in the family.