Friday, January 30, 2009

Night out with the tutors

Talked to The Guy for about 2 minutes today. My phone disconnected 3 times and he was busy buying snowboard bags. Josh and Jackie broke up. I know that much. Her aunt died the next day, so they may be back together because Josh feels guilty.

Tonight was Gonzo's get together she planned. We let her plan because her schedule is the hardest to accommodate. She said I will be free this day, then we let all of our friends/tutors know. All of the tutors were there including Darla. It was a lot of talk about school. Viv was there. She brought her brother because he just got out of school. He was HOT. Latino, 24, 5'10 or so, had a little bit of an ass (he had one- he was not one). Marci was there too. We got there at 6:00. Most arrived about 6:30, we were seated at 7 and finished dinner about 8:30. Then we talked for 30 minutes or so afterward. Great night.

On the way home I was on the lookout for Crown Vics. Why? There was an alcohol checkpoint by the Olive Garden and all of us tutors actually ran into it going over there. Coming home I saw policemen pulling people over left and right. I also had a suspicion there would be one on the highway I live off of, so I was extra careful. Driving past Avenue B I see one pull off of that street rather quickly. I wondered if I did something wrong. It stays in the slow lane driving really fast, then comes over to the middle lane where I was, then when the right lane is ending comes over into my lane without signaling, goes over to the fast lane to turn onto Avenue W. All of this was done without signaling and the person was in quite a hurry. I look over and it is MY SISTER. Sister did not signal during her lane changes. Look over and confirm the license plate of the Crown Vic. It was my sister. Sister also decided to blow through the light at Avenue W and make a left at the light without signaling and at the light with a red light camera.

I got home, told my parents. They asked what time this was, why I didn't call them then, and what my sister was doing. My dad said "oh" and kind of smiled like he didn't believe it. He said that wasn't smart considering the red light camera. I said her driving scares me and she's not the angel she appears. I asked if they watched how she pulls in the driveway sometimes. Of course, around them she doesn't drive like that. But I just said if she gets a ticket for that red light camera I wouldn't pay. My mom was most concerned and said that she was given the car because it was big and safe, but driving like that expects an accident anytime. My parents questioned my sister on her whereabouts. She said she was driving down Avenue W and saw other cars being chased by police, but not her. Not exactly. Parents said sister needs to watch out- they don't want any accidents because they have reasons to not be forgiving. Nice. Last post about her, I PROMISE.

In other news, Mrs. C is the most awesome boss. She is inviting us over to her house for a pancake breakfast tomorrow morning at 9a.m. just because. Well, mostly just because. She wants to discuss a couple of the things going on like the budget and the transfer of tutors.

Last year I gave Mrs. C a Sees Candies gift certificate to thank her for all she does. She is awesome- she is the best thing to happen to the program because her heart is so in it; but also all she does for us. I want to do something new for Mrs. C just because she does so much for us- constantly gives us snacks, candy, Starbucks trips, her support is behind us 100%, and all she does for the program that goes unrecognized.

2 comments:

Crap Newsman said...

Oh, no! Please continue posting about the stupid things your sister is doing. They're entertaining.

Aek said...

Wow, your sister . . .