Saturday, January 3, 2009

Fight, New Years Eve, Family, and more

I'm back, but I'm typing this out at 11p.m. on a Saturday night when I could be sleeping, so here goes a quick update. Started typing this last week, hence the long post about The Guy, but decided not to post it as I was upset and had enough stuff going on at the time.

Last Monday, The Guy and I had a big argument. He had been ignoring me several days prior and not returning calls. I was asking for his help in buying a new TV. He wanted to go to Best Buy Monday night to get Josh speakers ($700) for his TV. He asked me if I wanted to go and he'd help me. From the time I get to his house there is an awkward tension in the air. He looks like he could cry any moment and was really snapping at everything. We didn't spend much time looking because the "ass he doesn't like" was working, and The Guy doesn't understand budget/money restrictions. So I was disappointed. Went back to his house and then we both just kind of started arguing with each other over stupid things. He criticized me for not letting go of this or that, being upset at my sister, etc. etc. etc. I got up at one point, walked out, got in my car, started crying, then composed myself and thought about how I wasn't solving anything, probably creating more problems between a friend, so I went back in and apologized. He basically just stared at me with a sort of pissed off look for doing that and asked what the fuck was going on with me. We apologized and I took off. Josh was at the door as I was saying goodbye; I was leaning on it, I felt it coming in, pushed it shut, then once I opened the door it flew into my face. Josh apologized and I did too. Then we laughed trying to explain how we both thought something was wrong with the door. He asked how I was doing, then gave me a hug, which sort of surprised me... Mr. Straight Josh. Didn't really speak to The Guy the rest of the week other than a text here or there because he was crushed about Josh, sick over that, we were upset with each other.

Went out to Arizona for New Years Eve. Lots of fun... in summation bullet style:
- Lots of Jack and coke- I was drunker than I had ever been as my vision was impaired a little, but I was still more or less in control... lol
- Hanging out with friends
- 2009 glasses
- champagne and beer
- bowling
- fun playing with things like Shazam on my iPhone
- Shopping at Macys for a New Years Eve outfit... I rocked it out in a black vest, black shirt with gold stripes... stepped out of my comfort zone
- Exploring a new state
- Lots of good music like Beyonce's "Put a Ring on It," which was stuck in my head more than once those couple days.
- Lots of time to sing in the car to everything... Neyo's "Miss Independent" was EVERYWHERE, as well as Pussycat Dolls "I Hate This Part"
- Getting to test out my new car on a long distance trip... 35mpg going and 36mpg coming home



Other random things:
- Hit the gym hard last night and talked to Gonzo... we need to chat soon and catch up on the chisme in each others lives..... GONZO IS ENGAGED...
- Arguing with my mom last night about always going to Knotts, her being stuck in the past, going there too often, things like that
- Knotts Berry Farm today, despite the argument last night
- Getting on all the rides at Knotts within 10 minutes; there were NO lines
- Discussing teaching jobs with my parents
- Meeting up with my friend Ryan to talk to him about the education programs at my college... quite a relief after panic that I missed the deadline to apply... and because of my apathy I did.... yay for friends with connections!!!
- Haven't really talked to The Guy... he and Josh are apparently more together as of the past couple days... qué loco!

4 comments:

Aek said...

Wow, ups and downs all break for you. I hope 2009 has been off to a good start for you though. :)

Diary of a Mad Latino Man said...

Wow, looks like you had an awesome time in Phoenix. I hope all goes well with your family and with "The Guy"!!!

Peyton

dan said...

those aren't bullets.
ha..
hey bud, wasn't gonzo dating a guy you saw on craigs? just wondering maybe someone different.
chat soon, later z dawg

Mind Of Mine Uncensored!! said...

Awhh bless...really nice blog. Iv just got mine started