Wednesday, January 7, 2009

A lull

I've been so stressed lately with things going on in my life. I broke down and went to the psychiatrist last night at Kaiser. My doctor has been so staunch and refused to give me more than a preventative anxiety medicine. I have the anxiety meds and I feel so calm. That knot in my stomach is gone- the knot that has been so prevalent for weeks and months. I'm just literally amazed. My myspace status today is "I feel human again." I feel extremely mellow despite the events of today. I kind of like this!

I have been busy at school as the quarter just started. I think I have my classes picked. I'm only halfway looking forward to one of them, but I have an awesome schedule (10-12 on W, F and 10-12, 2-5 on Monday). I'm keeping optimistic- I am going to tackle the schoolwork head on, I only go 2 hours and back to back on W and F. I know I'm pretty much guaranteed a "B" in my Spanish class.

I got a 3.56GPA last quarter. I had 2 A's and 1 B. Dean's List... 3rd time... woot!!! Now if my GPA would rise above a 3.4141414141 I'd be ecstatic. I'm happy I have the Dean's List thing to brag about, though.

Work at the high school has been going well. There are going to be major budget cuts due to the Cali State budget crisis and my boss may be faced with laying some of us off. She assured me I have seniority as I've been there 4 years with Gonzo, so I won't be on the chopping block. I'm rarely there, which is another thing working for me, and she doesn't want to lose my expertise. She is working looking for alternatives including making sure all of my coworkers like Darla, Joe, Marci, etc. can get other in-district jobs at other schools with the same program if needed.

Subbing has been going well. I'm subbing for Linda, my mom's friend tomorrow. She is having eye surgery for blurred vision. Payday for subbing is Friday!!! WOOT!!!

And remember I was talking a few weeks back about needing to branch out in what I wear? Well, how's this? This is what Gonzo's idea of that was... she bought me this shirt for my birthday.
It is a t-shirt with unicorns, dinosaurs, and other things on... I'd wear it to the high school... but I'd wear it on a cold day where I could put a jacket over it... I love that she actually bought me that, I laughed, and thanked her for it. Then I said I'll wear it to work one of these days, so I guess I am going to do that. Well, stuff like that does appear to be in right now. All of the guys are wearing zipped jackets with odd, juvenile patterns like that.


I know we need an update on The Guy and so here it is. We have talked a little bit off and on lately, but I've been bitchy and he has been too. Josh is realizing how condescending his girlfriend is and Josh and The Guy seem to be back to their little love affair. They had the best New Years Eve together as Josh bought The Guy a USC hat and went over to watch the football game with The Guy, Zach (the guy's best friend), and Justin (Zach's friend). We're going to get together this weekend probably to celebrate my birthday.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad your feeling better...I've lived half my life with that knot in my stomach, so I know totally what you mean...I know that knot can't be good for you, especially if it's chronic, who knows what damage i've done to myself with worry. So I'm glad you addressed that.

Early happy birthday. I've quit celebrating mine, they come around too often! Cheers.

Diary of a Mad Latino Man said...

Well, I just wanted to say that I hope everything gets better for you. You will for sure be in my prayers. Maybe you need to find a doctor who will give you the meds. I know you and I have talked about Anti Depressents before and believe me, my life would be a complete utter mess without my meds.

Love,
Peyton

Anonymous said...

I haven't had much time to read other blogs lately until now so I think I missed the post about your birthday so Happy Birthday!!!!
-L