Monday, January 19, 2009

Farmer Boys Drive Thru


Went to Farmer Boys for lunch to get a chicken club sandwich. I have the day off, so I was in my gray pajama bottoms, a black t-shirt, messy hair, and slippers. Since I was in that, I decided to go through the drive through. Of course, I'd see someone I knew. I pulled in the drive through and was placing my order for my chicken club. I see Will walking toward me- he was an old friend I hadn't seen since high school. He used to be cute- boyish grin, dark brown hair- lots of leg and arm hair. Not so much now... boney face and big diamonds in his ear... doesn't work on a white boy like him. He says "MIKE!!!!" Will yells "I'd like a cheeseburger, side salad, barbecue sauce, barbecue bacon cheeseburger." The man taking my order repeated all of that and I'm sitting there laughing, trying to compose myself and said "JUST THE CHICKEN CLUB." The man was having a hard time understanding and finally after asking me 2 more times confirmed just the chicken club. While this was going on, Will came over and got in the passengers seat. We shake hands, then I scoot up a little bit in the car. As I am pulling away from the order box, Will lunges over me and reaches for my seatbelt. He tells me how I'm unsafe not wearing it, he wants me to be safe because he has known me for so long and doesn't want to lose me for something stupid like that. I tell him I had it off because I was trying to get my wallet out of my pants. I put up a fight because I was trying to get my wallet, then I didn't really know what was going on, he was suddenly all over me... this was all really unexpected. He was feeling my chest and other strange stuff during this time. He puts the belt back on, asks me what I'm doing school-wise, what I'm up to, and he tells me what he's doing. He is studying Civil Engineering. Then he opens the door, gets out of my car, and says goodbye. I get to the window and the slightly annoyed order taker again reads back the order. I say yes.

Fun times...

1 comment:

Aek said...

That . . . was so random and strange. o.O I hope your chicken club was delicious. :P