Friday, January 30, 2009

The scene this morning

Sister was awake most of the night. She was walking the hall, then she put on her TV so loud that it woke me up at 3:30. I went in, turned it off, she told me she was trying to drown the noise. The only noise must have been that in her head. It was dead silent.
Sister didn't get lots of sleep last night.
Sister didn't wake up at 5:20 to her alarm, or my parents telling her sister, it is time to get up.
My dad tried at least a dozen times shaking her and yelling.
My mom did the same. My mom called the house twice between 6:20-7:10 when she was on her way to work.
Sister missed the 6:20a.m. train to Fullerton
Sister didn't wake up. I was sure awake.
I got up and went in the living room, turned up the TV extra loud and watched the Early Show/ Good Day LA.
Sister was still not up and it was 7:20- no way she'd make the 7:30 train.
I left the house at 7:45 and sister was sound asleep.
I get a call at 9:30.

Sister calls me at 9:30 when she finally got up...
Sister who frowns on everyone else cussing had this to say to me:
Sister: Fuck. Why didn't you wake me up?
Me: It is not my responsibility. I think I'd watch my mouth if I were you.
Sister: Shit!
Me: And you complain when we say that stuff? We tried to wake you up.
Sister: Idiot! How'm I sposed to get to school?
Me: I dunno. It isn't for me to figure out. I'm sorry.
Sister: I can't drive the 91.
Me: Call a friend? Stay home?
Sister: Idiot! I can't stay home the first week.
Me: I gave you some suggestions. I'm sorry. I have to go. Bye.