Saturday, January 31, 2009

Pancake breakfast

Breakfast with Mrs. C was awesome. Vicki arrived first, then Joe pulled up, Gonzo was right behind him, then I pulled up right behind her. The others flowed in shortly after. Mrs. C said she had been up at 6:30 cleaning her house. Her house was perfect in the first place, so we don't know what she had to worry about. She was trying to start cooking at 8 she announced, but didn't get done cleaning until 8:30.

She was in the kitchen working, scooping out pancake batter from her huge metal pan into the skillet. She had Joe and I work on hooking up her laptop for the agenda for the meeting. We talked about budget cuts. ASB will step in to save our jobs. Yay! Cut hours, yes, but saved job, and no transfers. We talked about how tutoring the students is going. Lots of bitching and moaning about little problems that should clear up in the next week or so. The meeting was done in under 45 minutes. Mrs. C spent all of the time in the kitchen and just said "talk to me" and we went through each item on the agenda. This actually proved more effective than most of our other meetings.

Karl was playfully made fun of for being a hot guy. The girls always say "Hi Karl" and he just sort of smiles. Ed was told how much of a hard ass he is, but he, like myself is able to reach the really difficult kids. Joe admitted most people don't like him because he takes off points and he is very much play it by the rules, like myself. I'm finding myself getting along better with him, which is cool.

After the meeting was done we had all pretty much been served food. We talked about things like computers, phones, and stuff like that. We all took out our iPhones and talked about our apps on our phones. Ed has one, Gonzo, Joe, Mrs. C, and myself all have iPhones. Karl made fun of us for being obsessed with phones and his dinky Samsung Instinct does just fine.

We all left at 11 or so since everyone pretty much had things to do. Mrs. C gave me a cool website about teaching and classroom management, which is awesome. I have pretty good classroom management I'd say- the kids know to not talk when I'm talking and I come off as feared at first. This was a website aimed at first year teachers, basically a day-by-day thing about what to do to maintain order, set the tone, etc.