Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Where have I been?

No real activity to report gay scene or coming out wise, but I just wanted to let you know I'm still here.

I'll update you on some of the stuff going on right now:
- Looking at teaching credential programs and options for next year
- Updating my resumé
- Should work on my cover letter, but have no motivation
- Subbing lots
- Dealing with rotten students
- Getting tons of complements on my stylish clothes
- Haven't talked to The Guy really (talked on Tuesday for about 10 minutes and today for about 30). I made a comment that really infuriated him a few weeks back that I'm sure he'd do anything for Josh, but not me. We didn't talk for a good two weeks or so... we may hang out this weekend. It felt like The Guy was pushing me away, especially around my birthday (I only got a text saying "Happy Birthday," and given our friendship, history, etc. I was expecting more, but know he was pissed off for that comment I made days earlier. And when I say pushing me away, I mean friendship-wise. Talking to him the past 2 days has been great.
- Have had a rough week with other friendships also, which really made me feel alone. Saw Mike driving the other day at Del Taco and he walked out the other door, then when we were both getting in our cars, he flipped me off
- Talking with fellow bloggers/comments have really made me feel great
- Still haven't talked to anyone from the text message fallout
- Got my hours cut at the high school tutoring gig today- 4 hours total by the end of the week and due to Schwarzenegger's budget cuts and the district being cautious it'll probably be gone until next year. This job is my major spending money for dining out with friends, shopping, etc. My subbing paycheck is pretty much savings. It is sad when I have more time this quarter to be there and I'd really like to get to know those coworkers better. By the end of the month this job will probably be over for the rest of the year.
- Budget cuts school-wise... 10 teachers will be slashed from my mom's school next year and enrollment will be the same- she's worried because she's an elective teacher, plus she is a vocal critic of the administration (but for good reason)
- I dropped my poor Mikebook Pro the first day back at school for this quarter and damaged the edge. It is repairable, but it'll be expensive... hope The Guy can fix it when we do hang out... if we do...

A good song I'm enjoying to break up all the text... "Sex On Fire" by Kings of Leon


- Was involved in a serious accident Saturday night- I'm safe- minimal damage to my dad's car (popped grille). I'm ok- I wasn't at fault and there was no way I could have avoided it. Emotionally, it has been difficult given what happened and so much unexplained
---- Why was I in my dad's car? Well, I was trying to get his car detailed (my Christmas gift to him), but the car wash had closed and my mom called me to take a detour to the fabric store for her, and then the accident happened on the way home. My insurance company has in fact been thanking me for stopping, reporting the accident, and being the first to call 9-1-1
- My parents bought me a bedroom set for my birthday/Christmas and the bed frame is finally coming tomorrow
- My dad is finally walking again with a walker and is going through physical therapy- he is also back at work
- Major family drama with the aunt.... that never stops
- Had a couple bad evenings this weekend and I spent a lot of time in my room crying. My mom knew something was up, came in, talked to me, told me how I can tell her anything, how if I'm upset, she's upset, if I can't sleep, she can't. I was really upset about some things I should have been able to tell her, but wasn't able to. Still haven't told her, but I've been ok the past couple days. Thank goodness for the anxiety meds... I'd be a wreck right now otherwise I believe...
- School... well... I'm making it... not enjoying my classes... but making it... trying my hardest to enjoy them... using school as an escape and a motivation right now... senioritis? not so much... it is an outlet/escape more than anything
- Friends at school- I'm hanging out with my friend Dennis and he is introducing me to some of his friends at school, so I've met a couple new people like his friend Ryan (the one who I blogged about helping me with the teaching program since I missed the deadline and he works in that office)

I want to post some photos of random stuff in the near future, so stay tuned...

6 comments:

Aek said...

It seems like you've had a rough time lately. :( I hope things get a lot better for you soon. I hope you and The Guy make up. :)

Crap Newsman said...

Not related to your post but I just wanted to throw this out here. A massive financial/economic event is gonna happen around February 9. I don't know what exactly. Just pray nothing happens.

Anonymous said...

Good to see you post an update. Glad the meds are helping. No sense in taking years off your life with needless worry (but I'm a dweller so I'm hopeless in that area probably).

Hope you and the Guy can get back on track. Don't be afraid to make the first move. What's the worst that can happen? He stays mad or maybe with a gesture, he gets over it? Think about it.

Creative Thinker said...

Hang in there, sweetie...Things will get better...

dan said...

yes he's pissed off about that comment! boy! what am I going to do with you? hmph....
happy birthday btw!!! hope all is going well with the other stuff. and save me some xanax . ha
later bud

Brent said...

Things will get better!!! I promise.