Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Spring Break in Seattle

Mike's new idea
Southwest is having 50% off fares to Seattle. It is on my list of must go cities in my lifetime.
I'm thinking tomorrow I'll buy the plane tickets, then I'll tell my parents, and begin planning this.
Too bad I don't know anyone in Seattle I can stay with... oh well... a hotel will be ok.
I really love traveling, and traveling alone is fun because I can stray and do what I want.

My only problem is not being 25 I'm not able to rent a car, so maybe those of you are more familiar might now how easy it is to get around Seattle by bus. I don't mind getting a hotel in the area of things I want to see. My biggest obstacles would be getting from the airport to the hotel, hotel to the places I want to see.

Here are most of the things I'd want to see (Pike's Place, Seattle Art Museum, Space Needle, first Starbucks, Theo Chocolate. Seahawks Stadium tour, or Safeco Stadium). I will look tomorrow and see if they're in a general area. Any advice on this? Anyone know firsthand?

Any other must sees?

Thanks!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love traveling as well. I often get teased about traveling so much. I tend to think the world is a playground to have fun in.

As far as the 25 thing, depending on the city, Enterprise will let you rent if you are 21 with a special fee (Like $10-$25/day) so if you're flexible money wise, then check it out. :)

Anonymous said...

Screw the first Starbucks! Well, you know what I mean. Anyway, I'm sure you can find a lot of fun stuff to do in Seattle. Some hotels also offer shuttle service to tourist destinations...so depending on where you stay, you might be able to just catch the shuttle to most of the places you just listed.

I wonder if you can rent a bike or a moped or something. Unless it's raining, which it does a lot in Seattle I hear.

Have fun planning, that's half the fun...and put ads on craiglist and meet hotties there too, you never know...the next "The Guy" could be in Seattle.

Aek said...

Oh man, that sounds so fun! Seattle's on my list of places I want to visit. Too bad I don't know anything about the area really, so I'm useless to you. Alas.

Let us know how it goes though if you do end up going!

Bruce said...

I've been to Seattle once. If you stay downtown, Pike's Place Market and the Space Needle are walkable. There's actually a monirail that runs from downtown to where the Space Needle is, I think it was part of a World's Fair exhibition park. The stadiums are pretty far from downtown. I remember that public transportation seemed pretty good although I never used it. The gay are is in the Capital Hill section of the city and the guys are more butch and manly than you might find in WEHO where they are more pretty and fashion conscience. It's really a beautiful city but very grey and rainy a large part of the year.

Anonymous said...

Seattle is a great city. I have been there 13 times in the last 13 years and it never gets boring. The city is very walkable but alot of it is uphill, so your legs get tired fast.
I usually stay at the "Inn at the Market" which is right accross the street from Pikes Place Market. You'll love that place. Its about 15 minute walk to Space Needle and rock and roll hall of fame. 10 minute walk up the hill to main shopping area. Then check out Pioneer Square and take the underground tour. Streets down there are one story higher than they used to be so there are sidewalks below ground and hilarious stories to be heard about Seattle's bygone days. Safeco is only another 10 minutes from Pioneer Square also. Then walk the boardwalk along the Puget sound for lots more things to see and do. They are building light rail from Airport to downtown but I don't think its ready yet. Just take a town car or cab as they are usually the same price.