Wednesday, July 18, 2007

I don't want no scrub...

Went to lunch with my coworker and friend B today. We went to In-N-Out. I drove and therefore I control the radio and I sing along as I please to all the songs.

We were getting on the freeway as "No Scrubs" by TLC came on. I had to sing along, afterall I knew the song. So I'm singing my heart out, then the chorus part comes on, the "no I don't want no scrub, a scrub is a guy that can't get no love from me, hanging around the passenger side of his best friends ride, trying to holler at me..." and so on. So I am not paying much attention, just singing along to the radio. I should have probably said "a scrub is a girl..."

B then says "wooooooow Mike, woooooow I didn't know that about you... I didn't know you swing that way." I said well, there's a lot you don't know. She said apparently. I said she should know by now I love to sing to the radio and I'm bound to sing to anything on the radio. I said I hope that she knows I was kidding. She said, yeah, sure. I said that it is a good thing that I don't want a guy hanging around his best friends ride and whatnot. I said that that a girl can be a scrub... they constantly want, want, want, and just sit around on their "broke butt" as they say in the song. I told her I wanted to amuse her, which is why I didn't change the guy part.... most guys don't have the balls to not change the lyrics, but I sing the song exactly because I have balls.



The conversation was dropped... think I showed her up pretty well.

Then I had another idea... when the song Fergalicious was popular one of the kids we tutor who was a guy always went around singing "Fergalicious definition make them boys go loco..." and she basically said I had a point there, although he did it better than I did.

I'm getting good at playing this stuff off... heh. It was all in fun though, I know B knows that, but I do need to stop I think being a bit obvious and go back to being more closeted.

3 comments:

dan said...

methinks, thou dost protest too much.... ha ha.

Mike said...

I have a niche for making pointless arguments or arguments where sexuality is/may be in question.. heh...

Queen of Arts said...

one of my favorite parts of accepting my sexuality was to be able to sing any song by any female and not feel ashamed :) ... including "Man! I Feel Like a Woman!"

and now everyone knows my power anthem ... *cringes*