Sunday, June 22, 2008

A day of hangout goes bad

The Guy im'd me about 9:30a.m. I was planning to go to the gym, but then got his message. We chatted about stuff like the heat and things like that. While talking to him we had a short brown out. He said I should come over. I said ok.

I get to his place about 10:30 and he is in the office. His dog is growling at me when I walk in the door and has his ball in his mouth. The Guy is in the office saying "hi, hi, hi, hi, hi, hi, hi" and I keep saying hi in different voices. I walk in, put my arm around him, then sit down.

We sit and chit chat. We play around visiting myspace, macrumors, and tease a guy he used to date on myspace named John who lives a few miles away for being a myspace addict posting 1000 bulletins and sending everyone tons of messages. Then I ask him about the game he tried to install called Northwest Nights 2- another MMORPG designed specifically for Macs. He said he had it working on his laptop and we tried to play with me sitting playing on the laptop and him playing on the desktop. It did not work. We spent about 45 minutes where he could play, but I couldn't because it wouldn't accept the CD key. I downloaded the patch and update and that didn't work. The Guy was frustrated because he couldn't find a quest to go kill anything and so we both became very bored, very quickly.

The next thing to do was go to the farmers market. That was the game plan, but then The Guy said we could go get other stuff at Trader Joes since he had no reason to go to the Farmer's Market because he didn't need fruit for smoothies or juice for his smoothies. We get to Trader Joes and get tons of ready to eat vegetables, salads, lamb, some chicken burgers, yogurt, and milk. We go back to The Guy's place and put everything away. He cleans up doggy poo outside and hoses down the patio, then grills the pork loin we bought. We eat that and hummus for lunch. The Guy eats a salmon salad he bought at Trader Joes with an egg, salmon, lettuce, and tomatoes. The Guy enters all of the stuff he ate into his food guide to make sure he hasn't gone over his daily limit and can show his dietician.

Afterward, we end up back on myspace because The Guy doesn't want to play AOC. John, who we were on myspace with earlier calls The Guy. He says that the 3 of us should hang out. We go to pick John up. We have a hard time getting there because The Guy forgot where he lived. We stop at the liquor store to get drinks- Mike's Hard Lemonade and Smirnoff Ice. We go back and each have a drink and sit and watch "Dodgeball." The Guy decided we would do that after John and I were indecisive and couldn't make up our minds what to do- whether we should swim, play AOC, or watch TV. The Guy decided watch TV. The Guy asks if I'm feeling ok and says he feels terrible after about 30 minutes. He spends a while in the bathroom and then says he has to go lay down. We finish out the movie and I go to the bathroom, then go in to see The Guy who is in his bed curled up in the fetal position. I rub his arm and ask if he is ok. Then he asks if I can take John back to his place and that he thinks the tomato in the salad made him sick and he was worried because of the recent cases of salmonella in tomatoes. I texted him twice telling him to let me know how he is feeling and if he needs anything.

I took John back to his place and we didn't really chat in the car. I was the one making conversation. I asked him how he met The Guy, and basically he said they've been friends for a few years and it was nothing serious. He thanked me for taking him home and that was it.

No comments: