Saturday, June 28, 2008

The Guy's smoothies

One of my reader's, closeted asked about how to make The Guy's smoothies, so here is an example of one of his smoothies...

1. Begin with a base:



The Guy only uses juices that are healthy- good for aging, well-being, endurance, and are 100% juice. This is an example of one of the juices The Guy uses. The Guy uses the acai below because it is rich in antioxidants



You can add one of the above, or both...

2. Add berries- The Guy usually uses blueberries (1/2 cup or so), mixed berries (1/2 cup or so), and 1/2 cup or so of cherries

3. For calcium and because yogurt tastes good in anything The Guy adds goat milk yogurt, or plain nonfat yogurt.

4. Mix all of the ingredients in the blender.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks, i got started before you posted. Did banana and strawberry with skim milk and ice. Tasted ok, needed to be just a little sweeter.

Thanks again!

Anonymous said...

PS-My blender SUCKS.

Mike said...

That's because you need a $500 blender that will practically cook your meals, like The Guy has.
just kidding!

There's lots of good smoothie books... strawberry banana is my favorite and I'm sure after you make it a couple of times you'll find the right combination of each ingredient and it'll taste great.

Anonymous said...

I'm liking strawberry banana myself. I did strawberry only after bananas ran out, a little tart but still, better then crappy soda.

My blender was probably $10 five years ago. It kind of gnaws at the ice. Oh well, still pretty damn good.

Thanks for the recipe's, i'll look for a good juice for a base. I found some healthy smoothie site online but it's a little too ingredient oriented for me...like a pitted peach in a strawberry-banana smoothie, why? i'm sure it's good but that's a pain.