Sunday, June 1, 2008

He left me in the dust

I called The Guy probably 3 times Friday- the first time he hung up after about a minute or so of us chatting because he had to go to the gym. The second time I left a voicemail with a question about my computer, then I called him back at 4p.m. when I knew he'd be on his way home from the gym. He took his trainer Josh out to lunch because they were both feeling down. The Guy invited me over to play Conan and see how amazing it looks on his desktop.

I get to The Guy's place about 6. I stayed home to eat dinner since he had just eaten with Josh. I stop at the liquor store for 2 Monster Energy drinks for The Guy because he asked. I get to his place and he is online playing Conan with Mike in Oregon. I admire how the game looks so real- the scenery, the ground, the trees, the mountains, and how he is still getting great frame rates. The Guy tells me to quest alone so I could get to the next level. I do this for over an hour, then we team up and I heal for him while he kills. I go from level 23-25. We sit around and talk about his new storage server he bought.

We call it a night about 11:30 and he asks if we should go lay down. We go in his room and watch "Absolutely Fabulous." We're about 10 minutes into the show and then The Guy looks over, smiles, and asks if I'm hungry. I said I was. As I was getting up to go to the liquor store again for microwave popcorn I hit my knee cap just about as hard as I could on his bed. OUCH. IT STILL HURTS TODAY. I BRUISED THE BONE. I come back and pop the popcorn. The first bag burns in 90 seconds. Then the second bag turns out better. The Guy said what he really wanted was Cooler Ranch Doritos and I just smiled and hugged him and said "you better pay me back." I get in the car and again drive to the liquor store. The older guy in the convenience store who is always there laughed at me for my indecisiveness and need to make 2 trips. I get back, we eat Doritos and popcorn, then watch more "Ab Fab." We fall asleep watching the second episode and let the Apple TV run through the night. I wake up 2 times at night because of it. We wake up at 6:45.

We go in the office and look at the headlines on the internet and stuff like that. I ask The Guy if he has to work because I don't want to keep him from going. He said "technically yes," but he wasn't going to. He was going play Conan. The Guy takes his dog for a ride on the bike, then we come back and start to play Conan.

We decide we're hungry and we go to get food-both of us. We go to the burrito place, then YumYum. We pull in the parking lot I mean. Then The Guy decides they don't have any good food so he had an idea. I said I'd sit in suspense while he drove. We ended up at Stater Brothers for Febreeze, Entenmann's cheese cake, eggs, and Clorox toilet wands. The Guy jokes about leaving me since he has the coffee cake in his bag. I threaten that I have the bag with eggs and could egg his car as he leaves. He realizes it was good he was taking me home with him.

We play AOC. The Guy's dad calls at 10:15 from his house in Palm Springs to ask why The Guy wasn't at work. He said he was testing the server and had to be off site to do that (a lie). Then he said he was going to fix his brother's laptop and since his brother was playing in an alumni water polo game at the college by The Guy's house he had to stay at home for that. He helps his dad with the spam filter on his computer and some computer issues at work. The Guy apologized to his dad profusely for not making it clearer that he was staying home and was working. And I'll give him credit- he did more work than usual when he stays home. He troubleshooted for about 2 hours total. The Guy gets 2-3 calls from work during the day from different locations having problems with the new online system they're using for buying products. The Guy's brother comes to drop off his computer at one point and The Guy is playing AOC and troubleshooting on the phone and doesn't realize his brother came in, hugged him, and then dropped his computer off. I laughed after The Guy got off the phone and he asked if his brother was there. I reenact the scene.

We play some more AOC. The Guy ran through a quest that Mike in Oregon and himself told me I had to do last night to be able to play with them today in an instance. Then The Guy told me to run off and do other quests, so I never got that done. Then when they were doing the instance, I couldn't since I did every other quest but that one. I was really upset after him telling me to do it and was thinking of getting up, leaving, telling The Guy why I was upset and just walked out. If you want to play with me, play with me, don't tell me to do it, then forget about me. It wasn't as if I wasn't trying.

The server crashes about 1p.m. and The Guy asks if I'm hungry. He puts some rigatonni on the stove to cook while he sets up the laptops he has to repair in the kitchen. The Guy told me that lunch was payback for the chips and popcorn last night. The Guy asks how I was doing and I told him- "I'm pissed off because you told me to do this quest, you change your mind and tell me to do all the others, then you go in the instance, went up 2 levels, now I'm behind." He joked that I'm always behind and I said "well, I don't play as much as you, and I like to be able to play WITH YOU, and it is not like me catching up to you is a possibility, but I want to level up to be able to play with you." The Guy said he thought I was kidding and was asking me if I was. I said no. He said I looked very pissed off. I WAS. Still am.

The Guy's brother shows up and we hang around in the kitchen for a few minutes, then they go in the living room, and The Guy says I could go play AOC while he helps his brother out. I do. The Guy shows his brother AOC when they finish and his brother is amazed. We talk about the game and I talk about how I've died, how The Guy has died, and things like that.

The Guy's brother asks if he can stay around and nap. The Guy tells him sure, use his bed, not the couch like his brother was planning. His brother had a hard time settling down to sleep because THe Guy's room was too light and he needed something to cover his eyes. We play for about 20-30 minutes while his brother naps, then The Guy declares he is going to nap. We say bye and thank each other.

I needed to take off to go to my cousin's play "Hamlet, Prince of Denmark" with a modern day twist. T E R R I B L E PLAY!!! It is Hamlet with Prince songs. I wouldn't have known it was Hamlet with all the names changed, then the cast singing songs like "Party Like Its 1999." The actors in the show were TERRIBLE. THEY CAN'T ACT. THEY CAN'T SING. It was supposedly a hilarious story, but I didn't laugh much. IT WAS TERRIBLE- THE JOKES WERE BAD-EVERYTHING. MY cousin and the dancers could dance though! It was kind of a raunchy story. I was sitting with my aunt and uncle, as well as my lesbian cousin. My aunt kept looking over at my reactions, I was doing the same to see her reactions. She kept commenting how she was glad she didn't bring my little cousin. It was good to get to catch up with the family, though; and to support my cousin. I want to give a big congratulations to my cousin. She'll never read this blog, but she is the first of my cousins to graduate from college and who may actually be successful. Her mom wasn't successful, her uncle wasn't either (my 1st cousins). My lesbian cousin has messed up her life. My cousins on my mom's side all have dropped out of college. My cousin was raised by her grandparents (my aunt and uncle)- they have given her the world on a silver platter, much like they did for their kids, but my cousin, despite all the family problems like drugs, boyfriends, etc. has managed to avoid it, and will at least graduate. Now, given it has taken her 6 years because she changed her major so many times I am proud of her.

No comments: