Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Needed to get away for a few hours

I called The Guy about 11:15 to see how he was since I hadn't heard from him since Sunday when he wasn't feeling well. He seemed fine and we talked for a few minutes until he got a call from his mom and hung up. I texted him asking how he was and told him about my life the past couple days. I basically asked him if I could come over because I didn't want to be home because of some stuff that happened. He said sure, but he wanted some alone time this evening.

I made an attempt to go his place, got halfway there, then realized I didn't have my wallet and turned around to go back and get it. It seemed like I passed every cop on the way. I drove extra cautious, grabbed my wallet, and turned back around.

I get to The Guy's place and he is in the office playing that game from the other day- Neverending Night 2 or something. He was out in the village running around, but got fed up after about 30 minutes where he thought he was completing quests, but wasn't.

The Guy asks if I'm hungry and I said no. He made a chicken burger for himself. He made 2 patties, put cilantro dressing, cheese, about 3/4 a cup of spinach, on a foccacia roll. He ate and we watched "Law and Order." Afterward, he entered it in his food diary on the internet. He then reflected and said he would have been fine eating just 1 patty. He could only eat 600 more calories for the rest of the day. We talked and I told him how proud of him I am for going out of his way to be healthy. He added all of that spinach, the smoothies help get fruit in his diet, and so he is doing really well. I am not lying- he is doing a great job and he is eating very healthily. I congratulated him. We cruised around on the internet looking for stuff to buy. He pondered buying a computer for his friend Dan, whom he plays all of these MMORPG games with. His computer broke- The Guy bought him this computer and was thinking of buying him another one, but he decided $1,399 for a good computer was too much to spend.

We go in the kitchen and The Guy makes an acai smoothie. It isn't as sweet as usual, but still has that tart taste.

We go back in the office looking for things to buy and then start talking about cars. I'm going to be buying a car possibly in the next 4-5 days. I've been driving the car my parents gave me- no complaints there- it gets 20-27mpg and I can beat anyone who tries to race me. I would just like something newer, something not 10 years old, something that is in a little better condition- my car is in great condition because I've kept it in that, but there are some little problems that go with age like the leather on the driver's seat is going.

We looked at the Nissan Altima coupe and priced them out. The Guy was trying to come up with the most expensive model because we know how he shops and he goes for the car with the most features. His Altima coupe came out at $33,000. He asked why I didn't buy that. I showed him what I am looking that and what I'm considering. He tried to show me cars in a higher price bracket and then we discussed why I'm getting what I am. He asked if the car I'm looking at has a navigation system. Sadly it doesn't- it does have everything else I think. He said what I'm getting is a good choice for what I'm getting and the price I'm paying.

We go into the living room and watch "Law and Order." We watch 2 episodes, then about 6:30 The Guy says he needs to go to the gym for 30 minutes of cardio. I congratulate him on his decision. He says he's going for 30 minutes, then I said that's good, he said no more, no less. I said that's 18,000 seconds or something and he could do it. He laughed and said it was too mathematical. Then we hug and I thank him for letting me come over.

*** So I am actually encouraged to eat healthier since The Guy is. I need to incorporate more fruits and vegetables into my diet. I eat pretty healthily, I think, but I want to use this food website The Guy is using to see what they say. I'm going to keep track of all my meals for a week. My most unhealthy meal is usually breakfast because it is always a fight with my stomach- I'll eat whatever I can stomach. My stomach is just so sour in the morning sometimes.

*** I have a new fitness goal to do at least 100 sit ups/crunches a day for everyday I don't go to the gym and work on my abs. So here's what I look like now, we'll see what I look like at the end of summer.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good luck with the healthy living regime!
Once you get on a roll, it's so much easier.

Those smoothies sound good. Got me looking up smoothie recipes since they're too expensive at Sonic and Starbucks and such. What you put in them? I know your not a cooking show, but I'm really challenged when it comes to this kind of stuff lol.

Stay cool as it heats up.