Thursday, June 5, 2008

Why texting is bad- I'M SOOO PISSED OFF

Let this be a lesson to you. Texting is evil. I always knew that, but have this to back it up.

Let the story begin...
I got a call from The Guy at 11:30a.m. while I was at my mom's work having lunch with her. I answer the phone and we talk and there is a chance we may hang out so I tell my mom we might. I also might have stayed to help Linda because Linda was needing help. My mom calls my sister to ask her to pick her up at work since my mom and I drove in together.

During this time I got a text from The Guy saying he wants to just hang out alone and I said that's ok. Then I texted him asking him if I can use his computer this weekend since I'm sending mine back to Apple. He said "sure."

I am in my mom's classroom after school, my sister is there. I am sitting, sprawled out at a table with my papers all over, my computer, and my cell phone. I'm feeling pretty settled in for a major paper writing session. I leave the table a couple times to go to the teachers lounge to use the bathroom and my cell phone vanishes within this time period. I didn't really notice it because I was not expecting it to be gone. I did notice it though, in the car on the drive home. My mom drove with my sister to Kaiser to get allergy shots.

I get to Kaiser and am sitting there with my parents talking about our days while we're getting allergy shots. My sister is there too, but she stays in the hallway, supposedly calling a friend. What was she doing?

TEXTING MY FRIENDS.

She texted Gonzo, The Guy, Dharla Mike, and Steve. Gonzo called my dad and asked to speak to me. Gonzo has my dad's cell number because it is on our gym membership. She just asked if I was ok. I said yeah, asked her if she was ok also because she was the one who had 3 finals today. She laughed and said how considerate I was. Mike also called my dad- he got my dad's cell phone number from his dad since they're good friends. Mike wanted to know why I said "that" and I didn't know what "that" was. I still don't know what "that" was. I apologized and said that when he can tell me what "that" is I'd tell him what "that" problem is.

As we sit down to dinner my sister gives me back my cell phone telling me that she picked it up off the table because I left it. I quickly scroll through my phone to make sure everything is ok and if I missed anything. MISS? That was an understatement. I had 17 missed calls, almost a dozen of those were from The Guy. I panic. I immediately call The Guy. He hangs up on me or something the first time and I think that is weird. Then he calls right back. I pick up the phone and he asks if I was "flaming him, leaving him the most obscene text messages ever, and if someone stole my phone." I immediately put 2 and 2 together to realize my sister was sending out the text messages to my friends and saying things she shouldn't have. I tell him and then my heart sinks- LITERALLY SINKS and I begin to cry. What my sister said was so inappropriate and hit so close to home that I was so worried. She said something to the effect of "you're probably fucking other guys" to The Guy. To which he responded that I should come check it out and see that there are no other guys at his place. I am not sure about the following texts that ensued, but The Guy made me promise that it wasn't me. I said no. I was very panicked because my sister just said something that dealt with sex, my sexuality, and something to hurt myself and a friend. The texts went on and The Guy read them back to me. My sister told The Guy that he doesn't care for me, that he should get lost, that he doesn't do anything for me, and stuff to that effect. The Guy called nonstop trying to find out if he did something wrong or if I was having a breakdown or lashing out. I reassured him that I was not. I said that's totally plausible, especially with all of the stress and problems in my life now, but that no, I'm fine. He said that he tried to play it cool and calm and not say anything inflammatory that could hurt me because there were some erroneous spelling errors and other errors that made it not sound like me. I punctuate and capitalize in texts and I am guessing my sister didn't.

Through this conversation I tell The Guy I want to see the messages on my phone and that I need to check them, but I don't know what to say to my parents to get my sister in trouble. The fucking guys text could be laughed off, like look at how ludacris this statement is my sister came up with. Then I could show my parents how The Guy and I don't text about things like this- we're like "come hang out," "can I use your computer?" and "what's up?" The Guy said to just show them and then be like "do whatever." The more we talk about it though, my parents already know the details and were suspicious once 2 friends called my dad to speak to me. We talked and decided to just drop the issue. My sister is sick, she is looking for attention. She did it at the expense of my friends, which bothered me that she treated me and my friends soooo terribly. Then The Guy said as long as it is not me, he can forgive me and just know it was my sister. The Guy was so worried he hid the knives in his house, changed his alarm code, and locked the doors in case I were to show up.

Finally through more talking The Guy said just to play the offensive and tell my sister how sick and lame she was for doing that. I was thinking about how my sister would egg me on and she'd say something like "Mike, you like to f-guys," because she couldn't say the f-word in person, even though she did it freely in text; her Christian persona would be gone. I'd be worried because it is my sexuality she is talking about and I'm not out, so just rehash everything and tell her how she is low for doing that, how it wasn't even funny, how middle school that was, and stuff like that. I can easily do it. So now I'm just going to laugh it off. I wanted my sister punished though because she overstepped the line and hurt me, but also my friends. The Guy was very upset, he called Jeff to talk about it, and he lost his appetite. He said don't worry about it- just drop it- hide it and then if my sister brings anything up, laugh it off- don't give into her anyway because then she'll know she won.

Guess I will do that.

After talking for 45 minutes with The Guy we both felt much better about each other. I reassured him that I'm not one to text and I'd actually call him when I have an issue with something. I reminded him how I like him and I don't want to lose him. Then he said he'd do the same for me and should have known, and knew it wasn't me after a while.

My sister erased all of the texts in my phone, but I don't think anything I wrote was too incriminating that I had written since The Guy and I don't talk about sex or anything like that. The Guy will probably show me his texts when I'm over there next...

As for my sister, she is LUCKY that she is at some sort of banquet tonight and won't be home until at least 9p.m. when I'll be engrossed in a massive edit of my 10 page paper that is due tomorrow. As I talked to The Guy I realized and reiterated how over I am with my sister because she treats me (and my friends) poorly, yet expects to be treated like a princess. I want revenge, but am going to try my best to be calm. She just pushed too many buttons and boundaries- sexuality, hurting me and my friends with her words.

For the record- my parents know I have a good friend named The Guy. We talked about this on the phone. I told him I don't think my parents know much about him other than he's a good friend from school. I said I don't think my sister knows anything more than that because we have done nothing to incriminate ourselves. She was probably just pushing buttons, but she did so with someone who knows that deep dark secret of mine, someone who knows more than most about what is going on in my life. She chose the wrong person to say all those words too. Had she told Gonzo that, it would have been easier and I could have explained myself with no problem and felt much better, but that The Guy is gay, and I am gay, and my sister made that comment.

4 comments:

Aek said...

Wow, why is your sister so mean? If my brothers were like that, they'd get the full force of my fury. That's okay, I believe in karma of sorts. One day she'll have it coming.

Anonymous said...

That is just so wrong on so many levels....It even pissed me off. I'm glad you cleared everything up with those that MATTER. Man, when it rains it pours.

Creative Thinker said...

Dude -- You're a better man than I am. I would have killed her. There is NO excuse for pulling that kind of shit and she should be stopped. She would only do that ONCE and ONLY ONCE to me...sister or no sister.

C said...

I was furious just reading this. What the hell is wrong with her. While reading this entry, I actually imagined punching her on the face so many times. I know it's wrong but I can't help it. :s