Sunday, June 15, 2008

Lesbian cousins

My slutty 22 year old cousin had no problem airing and showing on her myspace with the help of pictures that she was a lesbian. She does have a 1 year old daughter. I told my parents just because I like to keep them abreast of family stuff and they weren't surprised since she was rebelling at the time she did all of this.

Then today I put 2 and 2 together with another cousin. In all of the family pictures my cousin is there with her "best friend" and that is what my aunt in Oklahoma called her. That, or "the gal she lives with who helps her out with the kids." My cousin was married once about 10 years ago and had 3 girls, but divorced a while back. Shame on me I know, but when I saw pictures of my cousin's best friend the first thing I'd always think "lesbian" because she fits the typical description of what society places on women who are lesbians- short hair, dresses like a man, etc. Anyways, I never thought much of it. Then today I put the pieces together after reading my cousin's blog. She said a year ago the love of her life took off after a difficult time and a year ago that lady was living with my cousin and took off. So while it hasn't been explicitly said, I am pretty sure it is true. Honestly, thinking a few weeks back I was thinking how it would be so easy and I'm sure my cousins in Oklahoma, whom I rarely see would be so accepting. My cousin seems so open about how she raises her kids- the number one thing seems to be respect- you respect other people and they'll respect you. She also just seems so loving regardless. I have hinted on my family blog (one I sat up just for her to read) about how I hate that I have to hide stuff from my parents and have left hints to show there is something going on with someone. She always has advice and says she knows how difficult things like that can be. I just wonder how much my aunt knows in Oklahoma about this... does she?... oh well... just thought that was interesting.

On another note, my other cousin, whom I am the closest with who lives in the next city over graduated from college today!!! YAY!!! I'm so proud of her! It took 3 hours though to graduate 300 students because the dang president of the university liked hearing his own voice. The first hour he rattled on about the faculty of her college and it was basically an advertisement for the college. PFTT... as much as I hate my college I have to say it is better. ha

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Opulently I acquiesce in but I think the collection should have more info then it has.