Sunday, June 8, 2008

To borrow his computer

I called The Guy at 9a.m. and he didn't pick up his phone. I figured that was a little unusual for a Sunday, so I would call him once again later and then if he didn't pick up, oh well that would be ok. I called at 2:30p.m. and The Guy told me he was in Garden Grove having breakfast with his parents and just got home. He said he texted me 30 minutes earlier and said to come over and bring snackys, but I didn't get the text.

He describes the snacks in detail, so I go to Longs. He wanted pretzels, chocolate, Goldfish crackers, and Monster energy drinks. I get his text when I'm in the middle of the store that he sent me about coming over. He called to ask where I was when I was in Longs. He asked if I was grabbing snacks. I said yes. I hung up and then texted him something to the effect of "shouldn't you feel guilty for asking me to do this...? ...or a lot guilty?" Almost instantly I get a call and The Guy is MAD. He asks why I said such a thing and how that sound inflammatory like what my sister said the other day. I apologized and said I had no idea. He asked if I was mad at him or wanted him to be mad. I said no, unless he gets some sort of pleasure out of that. Then I texted him back once we were off the phone and said, "dude, I'm sorry."

I get to The Guy's place and we check the snackys out. He gets up and gets some Goldfish crackers in a bowl. We sit down and my text "dude, I'm sorry" comes through. He asks if I was texting him right there at the end of the couch and I said no. He was laying down with his computer open and couldn't see.

I get his laptop out and get into Conan. We both run around. He is on his level 21 character and I'm still level 29. I hit level 30 while we were running around together. I was in the instances with The Guy and he wasn't getting much XP for killing lower level stuff because I was with him. He seemed to be annoyed and I said we could solo, but he said no. We trekked on and he got up to 23 and I hit level 30. That's the highest level I've got a character in ANY game. HAHA.

We took a break about 7:30 for dinner. The Guy was going to make us sandwiches, but he had nasty cheese, so he wanted me to go to the liquor store for Monterey Jack. The Guy paid me back for the stuff from Longs as well as money for the cheese. I drove over there and got the cheese, came back, and The Guy had rice in bowls with mixed vegetables. He was microwaving something which turned out to be Indian curry potatoes. He mixed all of that together and it turned out pretty good. I definitely got my daily serving of vegetables. We sit down to some "Law and Order" and eat.

The Guy and I then go play some Conan and I keep dying because of a guild group that just keeps attacking me because they can. The Guy plans to play all, or most of the night. I played until 9:45 when my mom called warning me to shower at a friend's house if I was at a friend's house. Our water mane broke. YIPEE... so I asked The Guy to use his shower.

I showered and his dog ran off with my boxers in the process. I was not happy and The Guy didn't believe me. We hugged after I was fully dressed and had found my boxers. THen we thanked each other and hugged, which was enjoyable because we hadn't hugged the past 2 times we hung out.

2 comments:

ToddC said...

I have a weird question... Are you a friend, a bf or a delivery service for this guy? He sounds as though sometimes he can be a really nice guy, but other times it totally sounds like he's using you. I don't know the situation of course, and if you're happy, that's all that matters but damn... doesn't he have a car or two feet of his own?

Anonymous said...

That is a ridiculous comment. Anyway, where you been? Hope everything is alright and your just taking a break from blogging.