Thursday, September 3, 2009

Another woman

My mom, aunt in OK, and I have all been talking a lot recently

My older 30+ year old cousin, who I have posted before is a lesbian is having issues. My mom said that "aunt in OK is concerned that Cousin is spending her weekends riding motorcycles with another woman." My response to my mom was OK. My mom's response was she was seeing the woman for sex and that she was neglecting her kids. I said that what she does sexually is not my business, but that I do have a problem with her neglecting her kids.

I talked to my aunt in OK yesterday and she told me my cousin (the same cousin) is spending time with a woman.
I said "oh, that's great, I'm glad she is happy" since my cousin had already told me. My aunt said, "no, she's having relations with this woman." I said, "well, as long as she is happy I'm not one to judge." My aunt went on about how the Bible says it is wrong and quoted scriptures that said it was wrong. I had the guts to tell her that I didn't care what the Bible said, I think that it is more important that we accept her and treat her with respect. She hasn't changed as a person. My aunt said that she can't accept that lifestyle because her kids are now interested in women, and that is not normal. I said I had to disagree. I think my cousin is the best parent that she can be; she has had several difficult years; she is holding it together. I doubt lesbianism comes from her doing what she is doing.

I probably ruffled a few feathers, but I needed to say something... now if I could only stand up for myself.

5 comments:

Jackdaw said...

I'm proud of you for standing up for your cousin like this.

Anonymous said...

Hey, you stand up for one or any of us, you DO stand up for yourself. Way to go man.

Aek said...

I certainly hope you ruffled a few feathers!! Scripture should be more of "guidelines" rather than rules . . . but maybe that's just my opinion.

El Genio said...

Standing up for others is a good start!

Dean Grey said...

Mike!

Sometimes standing up for others leads to one standing up for himself.

It takes time but I know you WILL get there!

The courage and compassion you displayed for your cousin is inside you already.

You're off to a great start!

-Dean