Monday, September 21, 2009

What happened- in response to the last post

Well, Saturday morning my grandma died. We had known her health had been on the decline for the past month.

A text message, some investigating on my end, sifting through the lies, calling around, and more to find out about my grandma's health. Lies from my aunt about grandma's health. Cussing me out nonstop and saying other not so nice things all weekend. The lies and deception pretty much explain the entire weekend. My aunt is one sneaky bitch, and we're trying to be two steps ahead of her at all times. We think she was lashing out against me to make her next move. It's a mess.

I haven't really had a time to break down all weekend. I felt trapped, and that's why I said I had nobody to turn to. I had nowhere to go and cry, just let all the feelings out. Thankfully I was not called to sub today. I did break down this morning when my iPod mix played one of my grandma's favorite songs.

She was from W. Va and she would recite this song when explaining why she liked W. Va. This was one of her favorite songs to dance with my grandpa. He only went to 1 high school reunion, and the one he went to was held in the W. Va state capitol because someone from his graduating class ended up being the governor of W. Va. My grandma said that she got to dance in the dome of the capitol and it was lit up with blue lights.



I really want to say thanks to Bruce, JC, Masked AEK, James, El Genio, ezminty, anonymous, and everyone else who checked in with me over the weekend, or left a comment. I truly appreciate it to know that so many people care about me.

6 comments:

Joey said...

Hey Mikey!

I was happy to be there for ya. You know I am here if you ever need to unload.

Take comfort in the fact that your grandmother is no longer suffering. That is what kept me going through the tough times after my grandmother passed away 4 years ago. There is not a day that goes by that I do not think of her. Keep the memories of your grandmother close (and her music too) so that she will always be around.

If your grandmother is anything like mine (and I think we dicussed they are pretty similar in many ways) she will always find a way to let you know she is close. Mine actually showed up for my wedding...in my dream of course.

Like I said, I am here if you need anything.

Take Care,
JC

Anonymous said...

Dude, that's pretty heavy. You know I lost my grandma earlier this year. It was very hard on the whole family, so I can genuinely say that I know what you're going through and that I really feel for you.

Make sure to comfort those around you at this time, and also make sure that your own needs and grief are being addressed. Don't be afraid to cry and break down. And when you do, try holding the good memories close.

James

Aek said...

:( You have my condolences.

Even if you saw it coming, a death is still hard. We're all hear for ya in you need us.

Take some time to reminisce, because the good memories will hopefully bring a smile to your face.

L.C. said...

I'm sorry to "hear" about your grandmother. I understand the feeling all too well--I lost my grandmother last fall and barely made it from Los Angeles.

Despite what's going on in your family, remember that you are not responsible for the evils of other people or their actions. The best thing you can/could do is to focus on loving, remembering and celebrating your grandmother; not the evils that are trying to attach themselves to her passing.

Take care,
-L

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.