Tuesday, September 22, 2009

To give you an idea what I'm going through

In the obituary my aunt wrote she did not include my name. She included my aunt and uncle, my mom and dad, and of course herself and her husband. She listed my sister and cousins in Oklahoma as grandchildren. She even went on to name the great-grandchildren. But she overlooked my name.

My aunt in OK got to proof the obituary and she said she didn't see my name, sent it back telling my aunt about that error, and forwarded it to me because I asked for it. My aunt said she was ready to send it to be published, and my name was not in the final copy. She did not list me in the fucking obituary. I am as much apart of this family as everyone else. I don't care we don't get along, my parents don't get along with my aunt, and they were included. My sister, too. Have some decency. Have some class. Have some respect. I know it is just an obituary, a name in the newspaper, whatever, but hell, words hurt, verbal or in print.

Wednesday morning edit: The obituary is in our newspaper this morning and my name is not there. That hurts beyond belief. I saw my grandma's name, threw the paper across the room, began bawling, and then went back to read it. So cruel.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

If I were in your situation my aunt would be the one with the obituary.

Joey said...

Your aunt's action is the lowest of the low. She obviously does not have one shred of decency.

It just goes to show you the depths that some people will stoop in order to inflict pain.

I only have one more word to say...KARMA!

Aek said...

Wow, that's incredibly low of your aunt. It's only a matter of time before the rest of the family gangs up on her. I'm sure your parents and your other aunt aren't pleased.

Perhaps someone else could submit the obituary in advance of here, with ALL the correct info. Now I'm sure she'd FUME at that, hehe.

Jay said...

Bitch! Thats all i have to say

Anonymous said...

Sorry your aunts a bitch! What a devious woman.

Bruce said...

I'm at a loss for words on how cruel this woman is. One positive is that once everything is settled with your grandmother's estate, you won't have to deal with this woman again...ever.