Saturday, October 3, 2009

Movie night with the tutors

Joe, Viv, Marci, and Gonzo all came to my house. Viv was fashionably late, as usual. Joe was on time, as usual. Gonzo was in the middle. Viv arrived with her entourage- her cousins, whom are all pretty wild. It worried me as I thought it would turn into a big drinking party, but what was I going to say? No? It's not as if I'd get in trouble from my parents for having them over. I just wanted it to be a little coworker get together.

Everyone meets at my place at 9:30 and I have some random show on MTV going. We sit and chit chat about random things that amuse us at the moment until Viv shows up. When she shows up she has her crew and we all sit down to watch "Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist." I made Rachael Ray's Chicken Parm bites, which were awesome, and the tutors loved them. They were gone within minutes. The plate just kept getting passed around. Viv asked what we had to drink, and I did buy beer since I figured that was what she and Marci would want. I was looking in the fridge and there were 3 unopened, cold bottles of Martinelli's Sparkling Cider, and I offered them. They were a hit. No joke. I brought them out and Viv took the bottle to share with her posse. Joe and Gonzo split a bottle, and Mari and I did the same. We ended up back on MTV talking about stupid stuff they show on there. Viv's cousins were very quiet and I tried to make them feel comfortable, but they are the real party type want to get out there, so after about an hour they took off to a club.

Viv, Gonzo, and Mari all wanted to go out to the hookah bar since we talk about things we did or have done that were fun. Not sure how that one came up. For me it was one of those things it was cool to try, but was it my thing? Hmmm... mebbe not. Anyways, we all get in our cars and head down there. We sit in the same spot we sat in last time. We sit, talk, talk about work, talk about the music, the repetitiveness of the music, and more. They play a couple jamz and I get up to dance. Nobody else did. There were people on the various couches moving back and forth, but we were at the back, so I figured I couldn't embarrass myself too badly, so I get up and start thrusting my hips side to side as they play this song:


causing the girl in the group next to get up and dance with me. It was fun times. My coworkers laughed. I was thoroughly amused.

We talked about crazy things we have done. They don't put it past me- they know I'm the curious mind that will do any and everything, or at least try it. Told Viv and Mari about all they missed for not going clubbing with us. Joe didn't go clubbing with Gonzo and I last Friday at the gay club, and I'm just throwing it out there. I see Joe as the kid I was. We are about 3 years apart. He is the curious, want to be crazy type, like myself. He seems to live vicariously through others and our stories. He seems to be really curious about everything- drinking, hookah, smoking, and according to Gonzo he seemed to show interest/yet hesitance to go to a gay club. Whether he is, or isn't gay, I don't know, but um, he is cute. I am not going to make any moves, I am not going to say anything. He always seems surprised by what I have done. Honestly, I'm not that much of a wild child, sure I've done some things, and tried a few things, which I don't need to advertise, but I guess I kind of feel/see him looking up to me in that regard. I'm not saying I'm encouraging him to do things because I'm not. I know I haven't done things that are completely safe, 100% right, and there are risks, and he has a great future (like I do) and I don't want to see either of us lose that. I'm real about it and I don't know if that's a good thing or not- he asks me stuff and I'm like I've done it BUT... He comes from a similar background (conservative and older parents).

We talked about things we should do, how since Gonzo is working Friday nights she has an excuse to be out late. We talked about lots of other good stuff. We took off about 12:55 or so and I got home about 1:10. I'm exhausted, but my brain is on overdrive.

3 comments:

Aek said...

Sounds like you had a pretty fun night. :)

Anonymous said...

So no Iphone pic of Joe? What gives lol. Sounds like you had a good night! Awesome.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.