Friday, June 5, 2009

Escaping before school

When I sub, my mom and I carpool together. It is a 30 mile trip, and usually pretty fun. The rule is if I drive I control the radio. That means I may listen to country, oldies, pop, rock, whatever, though my mom may not like the choice.

Thursday morning on our way to work they were playing "The Pina Colada Song" by Rupert Holmes. My mom says everytime KOLA 99.9 plays it in the morning when she is getting ready for work, she turns it off. And they usually play it 3 times a week she says. She says she doesn't support the drinking or cheating that goes on in the song she joked. Well, they were playing it Thursday morning, so to annoy her I sang along.



"I said that she should sing along too. She said she'd sing to something else. I said no, this was my favorite, so she had to. And so she did. It was hilarious sitting there, singing

"If you like Pina Coladas
And getting caught in the rain
If you're not into yoga
If you have half a brain
If you'd like making love at midnight
In the dunes on the Cape
Then I'm the love that you've looked for
Write to me and escape."

I'm sure we looked like the 2 biggest nuts in the world sitting in the traffic on the 60. We were moving our heads around, bobbing all around, singing as off key as we could. Wild and crazy before we got to school...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And speaking of Music, America is going to be at the Beaumont Cherry Festival on Saturday (A Horse With No Name, You Can Do Magic), and I'm tempted to go since it is only $5.

Sunday I will be going to a concert- either Gavin Degraw with my cousin at The HOB at Downtown Disney, or to see Brenton Wood and the Grassroots at the Cherry Festival, also only $5. I really don't know which I'd rather go to more...



1 comment:

Joe said...

You know my vote...GAVIN DEGRAW!