Saturday, June 20, 2009

Off to a bar tonight

Been hanging out with a friend named Luis from elementary school. We've known each other since kindergarten, all the same teachers, and same classes/teachers through high school. In college he went to the community college, then transferred to my college. We never saw each other. We've been chatting on facebook, however, and tonight decided to go out. We went to Starbucks and chatted for nearly 4 hours. He is one of those friends who you can chat with and it is like no time has passed. He decided we should take an hour, have dinner, then go out to a bar; so here I am at home regrouping. He told me the bar was my choice. Then he called and invited Grant, remember him? When we chatted I admitted going to a gay bar, with friends, and that Grant was there. He asked if Grant was. I said I didn't know. He asked if I was gay. I was about to say yes, and I know I shouldn't have denied it, but since there is a family connection (his dad is my parents optometrist), I didn't want to until I knew more about how he'd react. Anyways, more chatting, and Luis said he'd be curious to go even though he has a girlfriend and has been dating her 1 1/2 years. So to go to a gay bar, or go to a straight bar. Strange thing is I'm realizing I've never been to a straight bar in my city (other than like Yardhouse), so I'm on a search for that right now. Fun times...

1 comment:

El Genio said...

Another gay mormon?!?! Good grief, we're everywhere!