Tuesday, July 28, 2009

100 Things About Me

I've done these before, but I'm in the mood for another me me...

1. I can't stand a messy bedroom.
2. I love the Oust Clean Scent air sanitizer because it smells like The Guy's house
3. I put extra Downy in all loads of laundry I do because I like fresh smelling clothes.
4. I still need a theme for my bedroom. I'm thinking of metal/iron work, but it seems a little heavy.
5. I have seen Lonestar, The W's, Montgomery Gentry, Beach Boys, Mary Wilson (of the Supremes), Lt. Dan Band, Brenton Wood, The Grassroots, Frankie Valli, The Turtles, Three Dog Night, Faith Hill, Jason Michael Carroll, Sugarland (3 times), Chuck Wicks, Suburban Legends, and I'm probably missing a few in concerts
6. I love country, oldies, Top 40, 80s, pop, rock, alternative. My iPod represents that.
7. I love my iPhone. Love it. I could never go back to a regular phone.
8. I think the hottest country singer is a tie between Chris Cagle and Richie McDonald who used to be with Lonestar
9. Banana Republic is one of my favorite stores
10. Friends are constantly amazed at all that I do. I'm the quiet guy who is rebellious/curious and am always trying new things out of curiosity.
11. I have always wanted to work in the corporate world. Finding a job with a Comm degree/not having the full Comm background like someone who went to a school with an actual comm program may hamper that. It is not an excuse. It just shows I would have to work harder/have something different to bring. I actually want to try the teaching route, however right now.
12. If I'm really comfortable with you I tell you anything and everything that is flowing through my mind.
13. I have been told one of my greatest qualities is patience and concern.
14. I hate job applications where it asks for your 3 best qualities.
15. I tend to overplan everything/try to be laid back. I think I manage.
16. I am a Capricorn and exhibit many of the Capricorn characteristics.
17. I like going shopping.
18. I have the hardest time matching clothes. I am not colorblind.
19. I love cheese.
20. I have seen Arnold Schwarzenegger, Toby Keith, Bob Barker, and Travis Barker from Blink 182 at random places in my city from Kmart to a ball game to a political rally.
21. I love being in the car alone. It gives me time to think, make calls, sort things out, conduct business, sing.
22. Rodney Atkins is not a country singer. He is just a guy who sings off key and gets paid for it.
23. I joke with my friends Mariah Carey or Rachael Ray are my wifeys.
24. I have always wanted to be a news anchor or reporter, and would still love to be.
25. I think my biggest fault is I'm scared of taking chances.
26. I think choosing to go to a grad school and me taking out a $20k loan to do so is taking a chance. I'm proud to say I'm doing it and stepping out of my box.
27. No quiero perder mi habilidad a hablar Espanol.
28. My friends say I'm Mexican at heart.
29. I have a hard time forgiving.
30. I like to argue.
31. I feel fat.
32. When I drive I control the radio. When I am a passenger in the front seat I control the radio.
33. Target is one of my favorite stores.
34. I research a product to no end until I end up buying it. Sometimes I worry I research the fun out of it.
35. I would love to have a wireless network with a wireless printer and hard drive attached. It is possible, yo sé, pero we are having a lot of problems with AT&T where it hasn't been possible. I'm trying to figure it out and maneuver around it.
36. I wish I knew more about networking. I enjoy learning from people.
37. I can be the biggest ass.
38. I can be very stubborn.
39. I could never be a big gambler.
40. I love the feeling of buying something myself (computers, concert tix, iPhone, stereo, electronics)
41. I thought a bank teller would be a fun job.
42. I wish I had a great tan.
43. I like clothes.
44. I want a latino boyfriend that is a little shorter than me with cute latino features like dark skin, nice eyes, and Speaks Spanish. Would that not be hot to have a guy seduce you in Spanish with a Spanish accent?
45. When I'm stressed/have bad anxiety I tend to not eat.
46. My OCD tendencies come into play with things related to cleanliness of the house or having things in my room/in the house just my way.
47. I go to Target at least once a week.
48. I drive A LOT.
49. I want to teach English and definitely Spanish.
50. I want to work with the harder/more underprivileged students.
51. I work well with the difficult students.
52. I think in the area I work the Spanish gives me a leg up with the difficult students.
53. I have conflicted feelings on using Spanish in the classroom unless it is a Spanish class.
54. This carries over into going into Spanish speaking stores. I want to use English, but then I go for the novelty of using my Spanish.
55. After a year or so of subbing middle school I realize I could teach middle schoolers. Would I be happy? I think high schoolers would be easier, but I feel a little weird I'm even closer in age to them.
56. I like Sunday night movies in Spanish on Telemundo. Last week it was "Selena" y "Disney's Tarzan."
57. I wouldn't mind being an inch or two taller.
58. I am constantly told I look anorexic.
59. The joke in the family is now how anorexic or bulimic I am depending on the day.
60. I go to East LA for the Mexican food. I get looks from friends who say how dangerous it is. I feel completely safe.
61. I will do just about anything for a friend in need.
62. I hate being put on the spot when asked to use Spanish. I become very self conscious.
63. I speak great Spanish after a drink or so.
64. I tend to give people the benefit of the doubt.
65. I need 7-8 hours of sleep.
66. I am a morning person. I am a happy morning person.
67. I love to try new foods. Octopus with the tutors...
68. I hate cleaning windows and mirrors. How do I manage to get streaks, even when the bottle says streak free?
69. I don't cry easily.
70. I think a few close friends is better than many acquaintances.
71. I realize that the above is true more and more with friends who I can be completely honest with/those I can't. Gonzo, The Guy, Foot Fetish, Dennis, and Darla are all people I can be completely honest with.
72. I am a worrier.
73. I go to the LA County Fair every year.
74. I love rain.
75. 100 degrees in the IE is not my thing.
76. It isn't about the outside- it's what is on the inside when judging people.
77. I am determined to learn to make the PERFECT cookies- not too done, not too crunchy, just right, very chewy
78. I would love to travel more.
79. I think it would be neat to say I've been to all 50 states. I've been to about 25 so far.
80. I think I could go either way- small town or city life- as long as the big city is not more than 30 minutes-1 hour away
81. I love trivia.
82. I always have to be busy with something. I don't do nothing well.
83. I can be very romantic.
84. I often wonder if I'll have a life long partner.
85. I love technology.
86. I can often be found driving over the speed limit.
87. I am a fighter.
88. I am my biggest critic.
89. I am a kid at heart.
90. I am easily amused.
91. I love Chelsea Lately.
92. When I am having a difficult time I always try to remember there are people there for me.
93. I am not huge on brand name clothes.
94. I love a good barbecued steak.
95. Onions and garlic go great with anything.
96. Not a chocolate fan.
97. I love smoothies. I wish I were better at making them. I would like more Jamba Juice/Juice it Up consistency.
98. I would rather make a meal than to bake.
99. My favorite restaurant is a Spanish restaurant in my city.
100. I try to be genuine.

4 comments:

Aek said...

Nice list of things. ^_^

El Genio said...

Re #35: Sounds like you need to get a Time Capsule from Apple. It's basically a wireless router with a hard drive built in, and usb ports for a printer. It also does wireless N, which is awesome.

My parents have gone through 3 different routers for their pcs over the last few years, never wanting to spend money on the more expensive apple brand. I let them borrow mine for a few months and they didn't want to give it back.

Anonymous said...

Come over, clean and unclutter away :)

Nice list.

Mike said...

El Genio: I have the Airport Express sitting in a drawer, but I am trying to get it to work on AT&T's system. There is some sort of "thing" blocking me from being able to use the Apple router. I think it is that AT&T requires a certain IP address to connect to their servers, as well as something else that they are not supplying. Their router works fine, but every other companies router including Linksys has not worked well with AT&T. I halfway know what I'm doing/describing and halfway don't. I've talked to The Guy as well as Foot Fetish about fixing it, but both think it is an AT&T thing. No clue.

Closet: I charge by the hour. Payment can come in the form of a nice dinner out or $$$$.

Aek: Thanks!