Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Heavy music

Is it just me or do you go through musical stages? Sure there are times I listen to a lot more country than pop or oldies than country, or whatever combo. I feel at times, however, I find however in the summer I don't want to hear a "heavy" twang on the guitar like Brooks & Dunn, Jason Aldean, George Strait. It isn't just limited to country, but Daughtry's new song "No Surprise" is great, but like all of his other songs it is heavy on the instruments and feels overbearing. It isn't what I want to hear getting in the car and it is 120 or hotter inside the car, or even just driving around in the car once it is cooled and the a/c is on. I like nice and airy music like Deana Carter, Faith Hill, Backstreet Boys, Jason Mraz, Mariah Carey, Pink, or Christina Aguleria where it is nice, light feeling. Like the summer sounds like the Beach Boys. The Beatles aren't bad either when I want lighter "feeling" music. Does this make sense?

Heavy music
Daughtry- No Surprise


Light music
Jordin Sparks- One Step at a Time

No comments: