Sunday, July 26, 2009

Come play WOW

The Guy texted me at 1p.m. Saturday and said "Come play WOW." Of course I couldn't turn that down. I texted back when. He said 6ish. I knew 1 of 3 things- he had something to tell me or he was having a hard time or just wanting to play WOW.

I get to his place about 5:50. I pull in and see a 2005 Honda Accord EX V6 with navigation and sunroof next to his old car, his 2000 Honda Accord EX V6. I thought his brother was there since it is the same color as his brother's Honda. I walk in and expect to see his brother there, but don't. The Guy is in the office telling me about how he installed an external hard drive that was faster than the internal hard drive on his computer for it to boot from. He asked me how things were going and I replied well. I told him about the awesome deal I got on my new computer. I got $300 off and a free iPod touch. He was slightly jealous, especially because it is a top of the line Macbook Pro. Told him how my parents were out of town and my sister was with Linda. I had the house to my self. He told me about how Josh and him have sort of been going out for a year. He told me how Josh was taking some fitness certification he paid $1,000 for. He told me how Jeff talked to Josh and said told him that he seems to be using The Guy. Josh and The Guy had a talk Friday night and The Guy seconded feeling used, but also not being there for The Guy, which Josh was concerned about. Basically the consensus seems to be Josh is gay and The Guy and him will be together. We talked about Josh's fag hag and Josh shutting him out of so many parts of his life.

We go into the kitchen and The Guy tells me that the new Honda in the driveway was his. His mom gave him her old Accord so she could get a new one. He has talked about this since May of 08 when his mom first talked about it, but his dad said no because they made some big business/investment purchases at the time. I congratulated him and told him how I thought it was his brother. In fact, I thought his brother was laying down in his bed since when I walked in I heard what sounded like his brother's voice yelling at the dog.

He starts whipping up dinner. He said he was having a gaming night with Jeff, Jeff, him, and myself. He was making carnitas, bean cakes, and guacamole. He said he wished he had asked me to bring cilantro and garlic instead of Jeff since Jeff was running VERY late as usual. In the meantime I told him I was tired of Linda. He asked if Linda was going through the same problems as my mom at work. I said yep, and hers were worse. I told him what was going on, how my mom finally found her school, how she was upset to be leaving friends, but optimistic that she will thrive since the school she is going to is so heavy on discipline. I also told him how my dad will teach at least another year, but how his health is constantly in question, but for now things are looking ok. He asked about Chris and I told him about the weird texting thing, but I was ok.

Jeff and Jeff arrive shortly after this and Jeff (The Guy's friend) and I peel the garlic clove and give the cloves to The Guy for the bean cakes. The Guy dices the cilantro and claims we're having gluten free healthy Mex. He is really into healthy cooking now. He mashed the black beans, put the cilantro and garlic in with them. Then made them into cakes. He got the cheese and gluten free tortillas out of the fridge. We set everything up over in the living room and eat. We laugh at Jeff mainly for being obsessed with the cheese, and at me for eating the tortilla because it didn't look delicious. When we finish eating Jeff had mentioned something about brownies and Jeff and The Guy decide to whip some up. The Guy gets out his dark chocolate candy bars, a stick of butter, a cup of sugar, a dash of vanilla and almond extracts, and a heaping 1/3 cup of flour, then mixes it.

In the meantime Jeff, Jeff, and I go in the office and watch Jeff play WOW. I felt a little bothered at this time. Were we going to play? Jeff stood around texting watching Jeff play and The Guy was texting Josh. I knew The Guy was bothered since he was alone in the kitchen. I found reason to go in there by finishing my glass of water and going in the kitchen to refill it. I asked him if everything was ok and he told me it wasn't since Josh was canceling on him tomorrow. I just listened, then retreated back into the office. I talked a little to Jeff. Then when the brownies were done about 20 minutes later The Guy brings in the best brownies for us to eat. They were good. Jeff plays a little more, then declares he has to go to the gym, so The Jeff's leave. It is about 8:30.

I asked The Guy if he wanted to play some WOW. He said no, he was feeling down after the whole Josh thing. I sat at the foot of the couch like usual listening, then he asked what movie I wanted to watch. He picked "But I'm a Cheerleader," and we were constantly chuckling through that. Then he decided to rent "Slumdog Millionaire" off of his Apple TV. We were both disturbed by things in the first 15 minutes like falling through the outhouse and both of us hid our eyes. The brutality. Then by the end both of us were sitting next to each other crying.

It was 12:04a.m. when we finished. I ran to the restroom, grabbed my computer, thanked him, and we hugged for a good 15 seconds or so, which felt nice. Got home at 12:40, so I made pretty good timing. The 10 eastbound was pretty heavy coming home, which was surprising in a way.

1 comment:

Aek said...

You FINALLY watched "Slumdog Millionaire" lol. How did you like it?