Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Drink with Mr. B

The drink with Mr. B was awesome.

He was so cool about everything. We get in, sit down, and he asks me what I like to drink. He said he didn't picture me as a drinker. I told him I like the light beers and then I tried the Dos Equis Amber ones on the menu. I don't recall the name, but it was pretty good. Mr. B began telling me the history of Dos Equis and their logo. He ordered something. We weren't quite hungry, so we held off on appetizers. He told me about how some beers are made with CO2 and others with Nitrogen. That was cool.

We talked about so much- in no particular order
teachers, coworkers, what everyone is up to
he asked me if I had any questions about any teachers at the school, his thoughts on them, things like that
I used the above as a way to judge - there were really hot Spanish teachers at my school and they were women
His comments about them were interesting "he'd dig one of them, except for her mustache"
What students who were in our class are up to
He texted Gonzo to let her know to live large while she is on a business trip next week
He told me about his graduate work where The Guy went to school
I said I love the area, my ex went there, and stuff like that
He talked about education being so important and then I said now "HE" is dating a gym trainer with no education and I'm seeing how bad of a mix for him that is.
At least I threw the pronoun out there. Mr. B just kind of looked surprised for a second, then kept eating
I threw the pronoun out and my ex several more times
We chatted more about teachers
About education
About Macs
About Michael Jackson
About his beer brewing
Then he ordered me some ale that was sort of fruity, he ordered another 2 beers, and we sampled each others. He told me how the beer I had was so creamy and such a small alcohol content, almost like drinking fruity, creamy water.
We talked about other kids in school including one who was gay. Mr. B loved him as a kid, but he was always pushing him, searching for the easy way out
I told him how that kid is gay, how he is still searching for the easy way out. I saw him at Target with his boyfriend. He paused, smiled, and asked "boyfriend?". Told him yes. He asked what Target I saw him at. He said he was surprised since that is basically a very unaccepting area. And how would he know was my question, as well as Who's Life, as I told him about this.
I do think and suspicion Mr. B is gay. He's not my type at all, but he has many characteristics that seem like he could be.
Mr. B kept asking if there were any final questions. Mine was going to be are you gay? BUT that's so unlike me to ask. That would be my question, though.
We of course facebook friended each other before we left and he is going to upload out photos soon. Woot. I can't wait to see.
We hugged, then took off.
It was a nice 2 3/4 hours. 4:00-6:45p.m.
He suggested we do this again. And with Gonzo.

Oh, and I almost knew The Guy would call today. Am I psychic or something? He did about an hour into our Happy Hour thing.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I made friends like that with some of my college professors, got to know them really well. And not only have they been some of the best friendships in my life. There was one who picked up the phone and called a grad program director to personally recommend me. I had the credentials to get in, but so did a few thousand other people. I got in, and it changed my life.

Joe said...

I am glad to hear that you had a good time. At least you have something to look forward to the next time you all get together.

Aek said...

It sounds like you had a great time. :)

I never really became good friends with any teachers/professors - it's a bit daunting to me really. There's this oppressive veil of authority, no matter how nice they are. Although, it was pretty nice GSI-ing for professors because although you're working for them, you're also their colleagues in a sense.