Friday, July 24, 2009

Summer get together

I like organizing get togethers with the tutors aside from working around Gonzo's schedule. I texted and confirmed with her this Friday would work from there on out it was easy. Quick text to all my tutors- "We should hang out Friday at 6:30 and go for Mexican seafood." Simple. Few replies back and everything is a-ok.

We all met at 7- at least that's the time it was by the time everyone arrived. Got us a booth and the chisme started. So much good stuff. My latinas are crazy (Gonzo, Viv, and Marci). Joe couldn't make it. Lots of good catching up. Lots of wild stories. Viv is the wild one for sure. Lots of talking about hot Spanish singers and actors and I googled them as we sat there. Talked about other hotties like Josh Duhamel, their hate for Fergie, their love for Perez, how hot Hugh Jackman and Joaquin Phoenix are, how Channing Tatum has a strange jaw area making him unattractive, none of us like Angelina, Megan Fox was hot before she started trying to look like Angelina, random stuff. Good stuff. I sat there eating it up and chiming in at times about guys and girls who are and are not hot. Kobe is not hot. Will Smith is. Kobe's wife is not hot. Will Smith habla Espanol- quien sabe? I love how Viv starts speaking Spanish in random sentences, especially when the good gossip is about to flow. And I followed along and joined right in.

Ordered and spoke to the waitress in Spanish. Our waitresses name was Selena Bonita according to her nametag. She had implants I'm sure. Estoy seguro.

Oh, and what did I have? Estaba adventuroso and ate pulpo en suiza con ajo. En inglés traduce a octopus in sauce with garlic. Good stuff.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am sure Angelina would be crushed to know how yall don't like her...sounds like a bunch of third graders got together at recess.