Saturday, September 22, 2007

Hit Me Baby One More Time and more...



















Some girls from high school whom I'm still good friends with called me up tonight. Jenn and Cherry said we were going to go to Cherry's house and sing karaoke. I've never done it... I'll admit. I have always been too shy and embarassed, so I jumped at the opportunity tonight. I can't stay in my shell all my life. The girls seemed like good sweet innocent girls. Cherry and Jenn were the only ones who surprised me since they supplied us with the jello shots.

Got over to Cherry's house and things were very PG. The girls were playing some Disney trivia game. Then came Cranium with some jello shots. If you got an answer wrong, you had to have a jello shot. Watermelon jello and vodka... good stuff. My team was uneven- Jenn and I vs. the other 5 girls, so we lost- that just meant more shots for us.

Then came karaoke. We took turns singing songs like "Skaterboi," "Lips of an Angel," some Panic at the Disco, Franz Ferdinand, etc. Then came my turn. My first turn was "Hate Me Today" by Blue October and I sucked at it since I couldn't stay on tune. Second time around I sang "Chasing Cars" by Snow Patrol and pretty much nailed the song. I got 9,000 out of a possible 10,000. I can't hit high notes- I can sing the low stuff and Snow Patrol was just about right. My second turn I sang "Kryptonite" by 3 Doors Down and didn't do as well because they go from high to low at severalpoints in the song like the aooooo parts. The girls decided to sing some Alicia Keys, "Fallin" and "Girls Just Want to Have Fun."

Then the only songs left to sing were "Hit Me Baby One More Time." The girls didn't want to sing because it was too slutty. I volunteered. I got up there and just hit my side at first when the song said "hit me baby one more time." Then about halfway through the song my friends Mike, Steve, and some other people showed up. Steve got a kick out of me singing this and we shared the microphone and finished. We were staring at each other while sanging it and making little hand motions back and forth to each other. Then at the end Steve hit my behind, so I had to do the same to him. I'm going to be mortified to find if those pictures actually end up on facebook. So far the photos that have ended up on there show the very innocent side of me.

My final song for the night were "Invisible" by Ashley Simpson. I couldn't stay on key and my voice is too low to hit all those high notes. I had never heard that song, so I also had a hard time keeping up. Some of the alcohol may have contributed. I sang that with Jenn.

We were about to switch gears and do something else when the sheriff came. Yes, we weren't loud. That's what the sheriff said and thanked us for that. The problem? The neighbors complained there were too many cars in the neighborhood and it was a safety hazard. We weren't blocking access from their driveways or blocking the street. In fact most of the cars except for 3 fit in Cherry's driveway. So that pretty much ended the party and I came home. Was going to meet up with The Guy to have him fix my computer and spend the night, but he was a little buzzed himself after going out for dinner and drinks with friends.