Tuesday, September 18, 2007

My mom needs help programming her radio stations... how cute

KBIG 104 in Los Angeles switched formats yesterday from their 80s, 90s, and today mix to adult contemporary yesterday. Basically so they could fit in between KIIS (teen pop) and soft rock on KOST for the older listeners. I always thought that KBIG filled the void in between, but programmers thought otherwise. Now MYFM is going to go with a no DJ format like JACK FM. I really liked KBIG (except I was not a fan of Kari Steele and detested her, as well as how so many of the songs seemed to be repeated over and over... apparently that hasn't changed).

My mom listened to Charlie Tuna on KBIG because she grew up listening to him and so she mentioned last night how sad she was he was leaving and was going to stop listening to KBIG. This morning my mom calls at 6:40a.m. while she is on her way to work and says "I don't like this new format- they're playing country." Indeed, I put on KBIG and Carrie Underwood was on there singing 1 of 2 songs I think that MYFM (KBIG's new name) has. The other song I heard 4-5 times on there was "How to Save a Life" by the Fray. My mom asked if I was in her car last night listening to country and I said no, it was KBIG. My mom said it was downright disgusting and she was going to go back to KOLA in the morning because she likes oldies, and though she was not a fan with what KBIG played, she liked Charlie Tuna. I really liked Leann and Charlie way back when, I also enjoyed Irma on the block most recently when Irma Blanco would poll viewers with random questions. It was so funny though talking to my mom how upset she was over the format switch.

I have listened off and onto MYFM yesterday and today and heard that same Carrie Underwood song 5 times so far. My mom said she doesn't like it and wants me to reprogram her radio stations tonight. My mom liked KBIG because they played some oldies on there and Charlie Tuna. I think I'll put HOT 92 JAMZ on my mom's car to replace that since they play a pretty good mix of oldies like the Temptations, Supremes, stuff like that.

In other news, I'm home from work. It did not go well. Loud Mouth was gone. It was wonderful. It wasn't wonderful that Loud Mouth decided to battle the principal's secretary's daughter yesterday when she was subbing in one of the classes giving her attitude. I spent most of the morning ratting out Loud Mouth. It felt so good. We're good friends really, but she deserves to be called out because we all got in trouble for the little incident yesterday and nobody was calling her out. I did. Hah. D, one of my coworkers told me afterword I am indeed a bitch. I told her yes, deal with it. She laughed and told me how I fill the void of Loud Mouth so well by being on constant bitch mode, but I'm a fun bitch. It was too funny.

No comments: