Sunday, September 9, 2007

Trip wrap-up

Saturday:
- Went to Gaylord Opryland Resort: HUGE HOTEL/INDOOR GARDENS... it was HUGE!!! I walked the whole thing
- Toured the Grand Ole Opry: Who knew it seated 4,000? It sure doesn't look like it does on TV. It was neat to see all the behind the scenes stuff. At the end of the tour everyone stood on stage and sang "You Are My Sunshine."
- My dad's army unit's dinner: my dad's unit all wore black t-shirts with his unit's name and each member's name on the shirt. My dad does not wear t-shirts, so to see him wear a t-shirt was surprising.

Sunday:
- Got up at 5:00a.m. (3a.m. Cali time) to go to the airport
- There were maybe 40 people on our flight to Phoenix
- The flight back to Cali was packed... I had an aisle seat thankfully
- Got a text as I was getting off the plane from The Guy asking where I was. I replied the Southwest terminal and he said great, I'll be there soon. I was a little worried he was coming to pick me up. Got another text and he said he was going with Zach to Vegas for Zach's birthday. He'll be back tommorow afternoon he says. He's definitely going to get some heat from me for teasing me like that and we had said for a few days we'd hang out when I get back.... haha. Damn for missing him at the airport.
- I'm stuck on Nashville time. I want lunch about 9:30a.m. Cali time. I wanted dinner at 3p.m. Cali time (5p.m. Nashville).

1 comment:

Creative Thinker said...

Hey there -- Glad you enjoyed NashVegas...Shoulda come to see me -- I was just 3 hours away :-) The Opryland Hotel is really something -- you ought to see it at Christmas. Grand Ol Opry is fun too. About 5 years ago, I went to the Opry when they held a couple of performances in the original Ryman which was way cool. I saw more country music singers - BIG names - than you can shake a stick at, because they were all dying to sing on the Ryman stage. Did you go to Printers Alley? Next time, come to Memphis and I can show you the birthplace of the blues and BBQ so good it will make you bitchslap yo mama...They say the Mississippi Delta begins in the lobby of the Peabody Hotel...