Wednesday, September 12, 2007

I came this close to getting a piercing...

My cousin and I have been trying for 3 weeks to get together for lunch or something. We tried to go clubbing one night. We also tried to go to a concert one night. Never worked. We talked and finally decided today we will do something at 1p.m.- PERIOD. 1p.m. rolled around and my cousin was just waking up. She said it would take her 3 hours to get ready and we'd meet at 4 for something.

We met up at 4:30 for Chipotle. Best burrito there... steak burrito with black beans, cheese, tomato salsa, and rice. We got all caught up on the family gossip/drama and talked about stuff going on in our lives. It was sooooo fun and so overdue. I enjoyed it. We definitely want to go clubbing or something soon.

My cousin broke up with her boyfriend recently and she was talking about how she was changing her appearance, improving her life, etc. etc. So appearance came up as we were walking by a jewlery store. I said well, maybe you'll get your ears pierced one of these days. She refuses to get her ears pierced because her mom and grandma both had earrings torn out of their ears when they were little by kids on the playground etc. so my cousin is scared. I said let's go in the store and see about getting pierced. Basically it came down to I'll do it only if you do. I said fine. I will. So we were there in the store talking, picking out what we wanted. I was just going to with a little silver hoop deal and had it picked out- nothing girly. See the pic below... I guess I'm not good at describing piercings. So we stood there and talked and she said that she wants to live life with no regrets and I agreed- so I would try it.



















We had the stuff picked out and were almost ready to pay. I was going to go first. The girl helping us, Kelly, had began asking me where on my left ear it was going to go and was showing me where she thought would be best. Then she marked my ear with a pen and I filled out the paperwork. My cousin was paying for hers and then the girl marked her ears. I walk over to pay when my cousin chickens out. She begins saying stuff like what would my mom think, what would other people think, her grandparents would be upset at both her and me, she is scared of needles, etc. etc. I told her oh well... I'm over 18... I'm doing it regardless of what others think cuz it is my body and it will freak my mom out... but she's not the one wearing it. I told her forget her grandparents... she can handle telling them she was out all night, yet she is scared of getting a piercing. My cousin then walks out. I would have done just went through with the piercing if I had thought she would come back and change her mind, but she didn't. I gave her a few moments and nothing. I finally said it's going to be a no and went out talk to my cousin. I told her she can always take the piercings out, the holes will close, no big deal. I am now kinda just sitting here wondering if I should have gone through with it or what. Haha... it probably wouldn't have looked good on me anyways.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
My mom is too cute. She really only listens to oldies- Beach Boys, 4 Seasons, Buddy Holly, etc. etc. etc. The only 2 exceptions are the Backstreet Boys (aunt in Oklahoma raves about them and turned my mom onto them) and the song "I Hope You Dance" by Leann Wommack. My mom comes home tonight and heard that Lifehouse will be at the LA County Fair Friday night and wants to go. She was so excited. She came in the house I'm sitting here with my dad in the living room and the first thing out of her mouth was she heard on the radio Lifehouse will be there. My dad asked who they were. She said "SMALLVILLE... you know them... they're really good soft rock... you've heard them in the background music on the show." My dad let out a groan and asked if I was going to go or he'd have to. She said they're really good and asked me to play them so my dad could hear. I don't care for them, but went onto itunes just to appease my mom and played a sample. My dad just teased my mom about being so excited about a boy band like Lifehouse.

1 comment:

J.R. said...

Alright, I'm finally getting around to catching up on all the post I've missed, and dude: I'm 11 posts behind on your blog! Way to be prolific... tone it down, it's making my life hard. Haha.

And you're way impulsive, btw.

Nothing Golden Stays