Monday, September 3, 2007

Found my cousin in the alternative book section

Ok... maybe not exactly. One of my cousin's from Oklahoma is a romance/erotic writer. She has about a dozen books she has written. She told me last month her newest book would be available in Borders in July. Well, I'll admit I haven't read any of her books. But I'm going through Borders tonight and am looking at a row and see it says "alternative lifestyle books." I just scan the area real quick and see lots of erotica. I see erotic stories about fantasies with cops, etc. Then something catches my eye- my cousin's name on one of the books. So I picked it up, looked at it, then wonder if she is writing gay or lesbian erotica and I didn't know about it. It turns out all the erotica was clumped into that section.

Anyways, while there I had to pick up my cell phone and call my cousin. I told her I was at Borders and found her in the gay book section. She laughed, asked what I was talking about, then said I saw your book clumped in the alternative lifestyles section. She first asked why I was there in that section. I said it was on the row with the biographies, which it was. Of course, I just randomly looked through the alternative lifestyles stuff. She said sure, but that's my deal. Then she said that was soooo cool and how it made her day that her book was actually in a bookstore and I found it. My cousin was disappointed however, that she went to the Borders in OKC and the Borders in the town she lives in in OKC and couldn't find her book- it had to be ordered. So she asked that I take a picture of me finding her book, then for me to send it to her. So I just did that.

3 comments:

Queen of Arts said...

how fun -- she sounds like an interesting character.

Matt in Argyle said...

Ah, you made her day! Plus you have a great excuse to visit the Alternative Lifestyles section!

Matt in Argyle said...

Ah, you made her day! Plus you have a great excuse to visit the Alternative Lifestyles section!