Thursday, September 6, 2007

Toured Nissan/ The hotel

Got to tour the Nissan Factory in Smyrna Tennessee today. They make the Altima, Pathfinder, Xterra, and Frontier there. VERY COOL. There's so much I want to say, but we had to sign waivers saying we wouldn't tell or post anything about it online. Serious. Haha. Anyways, I thought I'd share where I'm staying this week.

It's scary... here's some tidbits

--- 2-tone ceiling

--- lots of cracks at the top of the walls where the walls meet the ceilings

--- stained carpet (I am wearing shoes wherever I walk)

--- my pillows the first night felt lumpy- I opened up the pillowcase and found an open pillow with a Better Homes and Gardens magazine stuck inside. Went to front desk and was told they had no pillows- my pillows were probably used in a drug trade to hide drugs. I was given the pillows off the couch in the lobby. No joke. I bought pillows at Opry MIlls yesterday since I don't want to sleep where other people have sat. Nassty.

--- the shower head has rust all around it

--- the bathroom paint is chipping and stripped in several places

--- there is mold growing all over the bathroom

--- the hotel across from us is blue, yellow, and purple

--- it is in a very poor area with lots of homeless people and they try to stop you when you're walking out of the hotel

--- we have a patio, but the door has been glued shut

--- we're 5 miles from downtown

--- We're paying $60 a night- with a $25 discount. We'd be more than willing to pay $85 or more for a nice hotel

--- The continental breakfast is a banana

--- ACCORDING TO MY DAD'S FRIENDS... we have a nice room... they've had worse problems

This is Tennessee hospitality?
















A stain on the floor... it is probably 3x5 feet


















2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yuck. I've stayed in Nashville before and there are some decent places right up by the airport that aren't anymore then your paying but much nicer then you describe.

Queen of Arts said...

Wow -- I only stayed in Nashville once, and we had a nice room (a Comfort Inn or Comfort Suites or something).

But with motels and hotels -- it is definitely hit or miss! A Clarion, Holiday Inn, Red Roof in one part of town might be the absolute pits compared to the same name in an adjoining neighborhood or county.

Blah on rust ... and glued doors ... kinda freaky.