Saturday, September 15, 2007

A burglar, perhaps?

Last night at about 3:30a.m. I hear my sister's dresser open. Yes, her dresser is in my room since her room is too small for it. I do have the biggest bedroom in the house (it is bigger than the master). The dresser has been here for 2 years and I'm told to suck it up, so I do. No big deal. Long story as to why it is here and whatnot, but it's not a big deal. I don't mind it too much because up until now it hasn't been a big deal. It does a good job working as a TV and stereo stand. There is no space in her room- her room is just big enough for her bed, desk, etc. I can live with it and only have to for 15 more days.

Back to the story... It sounds like a little mouse or something coming from her dresser. It scared me considering it was so early in the morning and it woke me up from a deep sleep. It is unusual I sleep real soundly. I knew what I heard, but in my mind it took a few seconds to process the fact it was something in or around my sister's dresser- perhaps a mouse or someone breaking in. I grab my flashlight which is in the crack in my bed between the bedframe and the mattress. I turn on the light and flash the light toward the ground to see if ti was a mouse. The first thing I see is someone standing there in black sweats. My sister should have been in bed hours ago, so I didn't think it was her. She knows better than to come into my room when I'm asleep and without knocking. We have a rule in my family because my sister is so irresponsible that she has to have her bath by 10:00p.m. I didn't really give myself time to process what was happening and I impulsively slid off the bed to do something. I plopped on the floor in my groggy state, make a fist, then slug the person standing there as hard as I could right below the knees. They let out a huge scream. My heart was pounding because someone was in my room in the middle of the night who could have been a robber, but also because I was about to get involved with whoever this person was and take care of them. I grab the light after this and realize it was my sister.

Uh oh was all that went through my mind. The next thing I know my parents are in my room, just as shaken as I am, asking what happened. I was reluctant to admit that I was in a deep sleep, realized someone was in my room, grabbed my flashlight, saw legs, thought it was a robber. My sister was upset, crying, and yelling at me for being so stupid because it is her dresser and only she would be in it. My parents are mad because I woke them up, I didn't look further to see who it was, and my sister was upset and crying. My mom was worried because the neighbors might have heard. My dad of course had to further piss me off in this situation because he took my sister's side and said "she didn't do anything to you." Like I was supposed to know at 3:30a.m. she was in my room and that I was doing that on purpose. I was pretty shocked someone was there and I didn't think it was her. It was not that I did it on purpose. I didn't. I apologized to my sister because I really was sorry (surprise, I know). I did slug her hard I will admit and felt bad because it was obvious she was in pain. It was hard to apologize when I wanted to laugh so hard for my stupidity and by this time I was getting a kick out of the situation.

I did manage to get back to sleep at probably 5:30a.m. and slept until 7. My sister managed to sleep until 10a.m. and has been telling me how I've been so stupid all day, in a playful way though.

Went to the LA County Fair today. It was much better than last year. I told myself last year if it did not improve this year, then I wouldn't go back. There were a lot more vendors that sparked my interest this year. I still found some of the things stupid like one of the shopping buildings converted into an ice skating and Christmas village. Oh well... that's my rant on that. It did seem crowded and the parking lot was very crowded; inside the fair however it wasn't bad. I also didn't have to stay to see Lifehouse tonight. My mom decided she was too tired after the incident this morning, I was too, and my dad doesn't like them.

No comments: