Friday, May 29, 2009

Do we think it is going to be the last email?

Carl wrote and said...

well, i cant apologize for what happened because i was not really at fault. i was hurt! did I over react? I dont think so.. given the same situation, and you be the victim- i would think you would understand where i was coming from!

i can apologize to the fact that we seem to not have a friendship anymore, and i wish it wasnt so. i can forgive what happened and look ahead. i just hope that if you can be my friend again, you can understand where I was coming from and try to learn from it because you are in the wrong. friendship is golden after all!

i miss hanging out with you, going out with you, and spending time with you! we were great when we were in each others presence! we have fun together! i do miss that!

i'll just be more careful next year if I decide to go to disneyland for my birthday! perhaps i'll kidnap your professors and bind & gag them before they can give you homework!

ha ha

anyway-

i am sorry mike, and wish we could continue our friendship! it would be good to see you. i miss going to the club with you and watching the drag show, and dancing with you and feeling your hard-on! LOL

anyway-

this will just probably get read by you and deleted afterward.

if you dont call me, i guess this will be my last e-mail to you since it would be obvious that you dont want to havve a friendship with me anymore.

Carl


In all honesty I am not sure whether or not to write back. I feel like he is beating a dead horse. Every Friday and Saturday when he is lonely I get a myspace message. No worries, but I just don't know.

My letter would probably go something like this- I'm kind of in a bitchy mood today- be forewarned

I do not believe I was in the wrong, not playing the victim. It was YOU for being inflexible about your birthday. I was more than accommodating telling you we could go to Disneyland the day before or after my birthday. I don't need the constant blame when I don't do something- not able to hang out, not able to celebrate your birthday when you wanted, that I did this, did that, whatever.

You're always preaching if someone pisses you off to cut them out of your life, why don't you follow that information? I have done it. You always told me if someone pissed me off to tell them to fuck off. You told me you weren't forgiving with friends. So why are you forgiving with me? Oh. Because you're lonely. I have great support. Gonzo, Dennis, Foot Fetish, The Guy, fellow bloggers, and readers. The Guy, fellow bloggers, and readers have all affirmed I'm in the right.

I do miss going to the club, but I don't miss you not having a car and me having to drive.

Love,

Mike

6 comments:

Aek said...

Wow, I'm not sure what to say. He seems so lonely and desperate. o_O

I kind of pity him . . . but it's best not to get sucked into it all again. Less drama in your life = good. :)

Anonymous said...

Carl is only aware of his feelings, not yours. Notice how he is still trying to lay some of the blame on you.

I think Carl has some traits of borderline personality disorder, BPD. Typically BPD people are overly dramatic and manipulative, super friendly one minute and your worst enemy the next, their mood can change in a moments notice leaving you wondering what went wrong. They also have abandonment issues, and behave in strange stalker type ways when you try and distance yourself. Kinda like all the voice mails Carl left for you over a 48 hour period.

As much as you might like to respond to his email in an attempt to explain your side or even just to say goodbye, will likely lead to a flood of more emails or voice mails with unreasonable rants. Given your own anxiety issues, I think you should choose friends that are even tempered as compared to the emotional roller coasters like Carl. Just my 2 cents.

Anonymous said...

I am going to agree here. It seems that Carl is only trying to manipulate you. I am glad to see that you are not falling for his tricks and games.

Detachment from Carl will show him how foolish he is acting and, if he truly wants a friendship with you, he should respect you.

"Anonymous" is correct, you should choose friends that are more even tempered. All the emotional ups and downs are enough to make anyone get motion sickness.

The less drama...the better.

Anonymous said...

He sounds like my ex, and we both know how that went down. I think this is one of those letters better not to send, just give him silence? I don't know man, the choice is yours.

Anonymous said...

Part of me thinks you should send it, but part of me says it's better to remain silent.

If you send the message, you run the risk of giving him some sense of false hope. However, if you remain silent, the messages may not stop.

That's a tough place to be in, but you are holding strong. Maybe he will get the hint and hopefully it really will be be last message to you.

Bruce said...

Put Carl in a bubble and let him float away. You don't need his DRAMA in you life. I agree with Anonymous #1, he has a personality disorder and he needs to be medicated for it. You can't help him and will only go through pain if you allow him back in your life. Life is too short to have to deal with all the crazies that lurk out there, go out have fun.