Sunday, May 24, 2009

Guy updates

Texting Hottie - we still chat via text about once a week. He'll probably just end up being a friend- no complaints.

Carl - Got a message from him on myspace last night. I was so tempted to write back a scathing e-mail totally belittling him and his behavior. I refrained. I can't be friends with him right now. I knew he'd miss me. If he hadn't been so accusing and unforgiving maybe we'd still be friends. Oh well.

i miss hanging out with you! i hope we can still be friends. i may go to back to school soon.

Carl


Was tempted to even just write something sort and sweet like "of course you do!" I didn't because I don't need to be playing his game. Secondly, he is hurting, and while it might make me feel good for a moment my words will hurt him and I'll feel bad about it later.

Frat Boy - Remember him? Remember how I mentioned it didn't seem like it was his first time being with a guy? Well, I was right. This week he called me asking if I remembered what we did when we were together because he has gonorrhea. Well. Thanks for telling me. We only made out in his car and I wasn't going further. Glad I didn't. It did give me a scare- lots of crying, nervousness, and worry on my end. I called The Guy right after I found out and we discussed it. Basically it was a bummer, but if I had it, it is curable. Only way to know for sure was to be tested. I broke down this week and went for an STD test at Kaiser. EEEK! I just hope my mom doesn't log onto my medical records on the Kaiser website where it says I requested the test. She has no reason to. She doesn't snoop. I am not going to worry. I don't have it.

Chris- I told The Guy that I went on a date with him. He knew the name. He said that it was funny and a small world. He had nothing but praise for his ex and said that he is sure Chris is a quality guy.

Graduation - I counted up my graduation tickets and I have 1 extra since my family is so small. I am tempted to ask The Guy to go. He won't have to sit with my family, but it would mean a lot to me in that he has been there for 2 1/2 years of my college experience and so in a way it feels like he shared it with me. The ticket is either for him or my mom's hairdresser. Another thing, my aunt is throwing some sort of party for me (either rented room at expensive restaurant for a few close friends and family, or a large dinner before the ceremony with friends and family). Either way I will get to have a few friends come- I'm thinking Gonzo, Darla, Dennis, and The Guy. I feel comfortable in that he would be friendly, fit in I'm sure, I'm not ashamed of having him as a friend, and stuff like that. I don't think my parents would even think he is gay or that we've "been together" meeting him. Sexuality shouldn't even come into the mix if we're just meeting for a nice dinner. I have been mostly truthful when I bring up his name- 30 or so years old, college student, works for dad, brother is an actor, brilliant with literature and computers. My parents know how he has helped me with my computers. Only real lie is Spanish- he doesn't speak a word of Spanish and that's where I told my parents I know him from when I started using his name. It also gave me an excuse to keep going over to his place to "work on Spanish" when we first met. My lies have greatly diminshed- now I'm simply going over to The Guy's. I'm just worried my mom in trying to get to know him at dinner will bring up past Spanish teachers, Spanish classes, stuff like that, and my lies will all come undone. I could talk to The Guy beforehand, and he knows at first when we met, I lied. But the fact I did it now embarrasses me. Having other friends there, all of whom know of at least The Guy should be ok and diminish any awkward situations. So to invite to dinner (and graduation) or not? Would it be bad in that he is older than the rest of my friends and he would stick out? Am I asking for trouble? Any thoughts?

2 comments:

nabil said...

the only advice or comment that I can make is: keep your sister far from your friends and good luck.
congratulation for your graduation, I have been following your blog for the last 10 months and I made progress in english and alos other aspects of life

Aek said...

I agree, someone's gotta have firm reins on that sister of yours.

I think The Guy would be honored to be included. Sure, he's a little out of place, but not so much so that it'd be super awkward. Only thing is, both your parents know some Spanish, and if The Guy knows NONE, then that'll be suspicious. o_O