Saturday, October 24, 2009

It has been 2 months

I texted The Guy on Tuesday or Wednesday night. I had noticed him on AIM, but decided not to message him because I didn't want him to be in a mood, block me, stuff like that. I didn't think he would do that- he wouldn't- but I figured he was coming out of his shell more since he had been online. So I just texted him and lo and behold he texted back. We chatted about what we were up to. He told me he went to Phoenix last week and that he was playing with his new dog. I told him about subbing for Linda. I said I would love to hang out and see his new dog (and him).

We agreed Friday at 2. I texted a couple times leading up to 2p.m. and called once. Finally he texts back that he was home and to come on over.

I get over to his place and the door is locked. He is making his dogs sit. His new dog has a tendency to run. He got a 9 month old husky that is absolutely gorgeous. We come in and hug. He asks how I was. He shows off his new dog and sits down on the foot rest and watches him. I pet him for a while. We decide to go to the DP- dog park. The Guy gets a call from work so I pet his dogs while he takes care of that. Then we get in his car to go.

At the park all the little dogs are there. There are lots of macho chihuahuas and other little things. The husky played pretty well with them. The Guy's other dog didn't really play and stood by us. The Guy told me the 2 really bonded while he was in Phoenix because they were at a dog resort for the weekend. The 2 growled at each other in the car on the way over. He said that the two still are trying to get along, but his other dog has mellowed out a lot. We make sure that his dogs play friendly with the others. I ask him what he has been up to and he tells me nothing. Standard response. He said really. He has still been getting over the Josh thing. He brings up Jeff's dog and asked me if I had met him. I told him I had that weekend he was in Michigan. He asked what happened that weekend and I wasn't going to tell him, but did. I told him my grandma died. I told him how it was hard because my dad didn't want to tell my sister, then all the family drama surrounding that. The Guy said he knew that's where all the problems would come from. I told The Guy how my aunt has caught herself up in some lies and how she could now be facing criminal charges. I told him how my aunt was using me as a scapegoat to plan her next move and try to put all of the attention on me so she can go behind my parents back and do something else. I told him that's how it worked because within hours of my grandma's death my aunt was ready to have her cremated- despite the fact that wasn't her wishes. A couple times we were about to leave but the dogs started to play with bigger dogs that came to the park so we stayed. The Guy was making fun of all the characters at the park. The fat Asian chick, the robotic guy. He was in a mood you could tell for him to be doing that- especially when he makes fun of weight.

We finally take off and head back to his place. We look at the new Macs and he decides he can get one. He has a Mac Pro, but couldn't justify to his parents to keep buying them when everyone else has iMacs at work. He said he could buy the top of the line now and just upgrade it. The Guy got a call as this was going on that a couple of Windows computers at one of their offices broke down and so they are going to need a few new Macs to replace it.

He told me Josh and him finally started talking this week and this is how he broke out of his shell. They only talked over text about working out. He did e-mail Josh a letter about how a supposed total body workout plan he was on was not really that. He was pointing out the flaws and defects in it in an attempt to show Josh it is a system- a system is not all inclusive. Josh wrote back and said he didn't care. He didn't want to talk about this anymore.

The Guy asked if I was seeing anyone. I told him about Chris. He said he was disappointed that Chris was using me like that. He said that Chris checked out well because he was best friends with The Guy's ex, and The Guy knows his ex wouldn't lie about that. Chris was probably just using me as a backup anytime he is lonely, which for a guy who needs "lots of love" as his best friend described makes sense.

It is about 5p.m. and we are hungry. The Guy has some beans and I have some leftovers from the salmon place we like. We decided to go to Best Buy. He ordered a hard drive online for a guy he likes and is kind of sort of seeing who was coming over to get his computer fixed later in the evening. While there he decides he'd go ahead and buy the new iMac for himself, a firewire cable to transfer everything over, and then found Best Buy didn't have a Raid Hard drive so he could have a duplicate backup of everything. He decides and I knew he would to buy the new iMac because it was upgradable and that's where he gets the real pleasure from.

We have the most awful customer service at Best Buy. The guy in Customer Service is downright rude and gives The Guy the runaround and then argues with The Guy telling him that he didn't order what he did- yet he had his iPhone and it showed in the email right there it was the wrong thing. Then CS guy didn't know how to void that order and had to call for a manager. In the meantime I'm chatting with 2 older gay guys making small talk about Macs vs. PCs and how the iMac was so superior. The one guy was frustrated with Windows and driver issues and software issues when he upgraded to Vista and then Windows 7. I told him there was no issue with my Mac. Everything still works. In the meantime The Guy is running back and forth trying to get the right hard drive he had ordered. Oh, and lovely CS guy left the security tag on the hard drive and so The Guy broke that when we got home.

The Guy talked about how he was going to make a complaint to Best Buy. He told me how this Josh thing made him so upset. We talk about what a system is, what a total body workout is, why the Crossfit Training system and the culture/mantality is so awful, yet why Josh is so engaged with it. It is a good program- to an extent- but it believes in causing your muscles to fatigue constantly and the same repetitiveness, and it believes everyone is naturally super fit/athletic, which is not the case. It has good points, but there is a lot lacking, which is what The Guy basically pointed out to Josh.

We get back to his place and we are on a mission to cleanup. Part of that mission included The Guy giving me his old surround sound speakers. WOW! He also gave me an HDMI cord that was sitting around. He did all of the dishes, set his Mac Pro up to transfer all the data to the new computer, cleaned up the desk, office, and then did all the dishes. We made smalltalk and it felt good to talk.

The guy was coming over at 8 with his friend, so I left about 7:30 so The Guy could hop in the shower.

I got a call from my friend Luis who was with his girlfriend and wanted to go to a haunted house at a local amusement park. I said it'd be fun to go with them, so I head over to do that. We meet at a Mexican restaurant where they had tacos de lengua y de cabeza (tacos of tongue and brain) which were sooooooo good. I had never been to this restaurant. We go to the haunted house and it was not that scary. His girlfriend shrieked a few times. We went on all the rides at the amusement park since there were almost no lines.

It was 11:50 when I got home and not a moment too soon. I was so exhausted. I had been gone from the house since 6:05 in the morning, was tired, had the worst headache. It consumed the entire back of my head, my sinuses, and my ears hurt to touch them because of all the pain. I fell asleep right after I got out of the bath and didn't bother to even put the sheets back on the bed that I had taken off before I went to work so they could be washed. I collapsed on the bed at about 12:05 and was completely out until 9 this morning.

2 comments:

Aek said...

Wow, busy time. o_O

I'm actually pretty interested in seeing how Windows 7 works. I hear pretty much only good things about it. :-P

Anonymous said...

I have a Macbook. Glad you got to hang out with the Guy, I know you enjoy that when he's not in his moods.