Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Planning a trip

Ok, ok, the quarter at school just started, but of course I am thinking about a vacation. Southwest Airlines is having a really good sale. You can fly roundtrip for $200 not including taxes. So I wanna get away. Travel has to be done between January 5 and February 10 so I was thinking that I have a break the week of January 10 from school.

I'd love to go to Chicago and am serious about going- BUT this Cali boy doesn't do snow. Beginning of January could be very cold. He will do rain. He thought about the following places:
- going back to Seattle
- going to see family in OK
- Nashville again
- Orlando, somewhere new, plus Disney World would be fun - $700 for a park hopper pass, hotel, transportation to park
- Dallas, Amarillo, El Paso, Austin TX, been to Austin once before
- back to NYC
- Norfolk VA, but don't want to stay with family there

I know if I'm going to do it I have to just do it because otherwise it won't be done. This could be my birthday gift to myself since my birthday falls during that time. Too bad nobody can go with me- family or friends due to school or finances. Oh well. I'm game to go alone.

Places I'd like to visit but risk snow:
Ohio
Illinois (Chicago)
Philadelphia
Denver
Salt Lake City

4 comments:

Aek said...

Don't do snow? Weak. -_-

Anonymous said...

I live an hour away from Orlando!

ToddC said...

Do Orlando. Disneyworld is so much fun.

Domenico said...

Come on over to London, UK. I could show you around. Two hot guys, out on the town! Could be fun!